RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first couple weeks in rain, I noticed that the air vent is blowing a very strong urine or alike odor.

I read many posts in other forums stating that you have to check and clean the NIPPLES under the car -passenger side and that should solve the problem as it may be clogged.

I have looked and cannot locate the NIPPLES on my 2017 Range Rover.
Can anyone please assist?

Cheers
LCL

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
There should be two one on each side of the transmission hump a few inches back from the bell housing. These are the evaporator drains that allow the condensation from the A/C drying the cabin air to drain. If they are not draining or draining too slow you can get musty moisture smells. On earlier models there was an HvAC programming error that caused this smell to be worse. A TSB was issue for a software update and to have the duct work and heater box fogged to sterilize them. I doubt a 2017 would have the same software. You can however make sure your drains are clear and purchase the canister of cleaner online. You set your climate control to recirc, activate the fogger and close the door.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should be two one on each side of the transmission hump a few inches back from the bell housing. These are the evaporator drains that allow the condensation from the A/C drying the cabin air to drain. If they are not draining or draining too slow you can get musty moisture smells. On earlier models there was an HvAC programming error that caused this smell to be worse. A TSB was issue for a software update and to have the duct work and heater box fogged to sterilize them. I doubt a 2017 would have the same software. You can however make sure your drains are clear and purchase the canister of cleaner online. You set your climate control to recirc, activate the fogger and close the door.

Thank you for the information.
I Will check it again and hope to locate those vents. I did actually look right in there, with no luck.
I just purchased 2 cans of Ultrashield A/C treatment. However I wish I could locate the drain and clean that up first!

If any pictures available for the location, I will be grateful.
Take care and stay safe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts