RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got one and could not be more excited. Thank you for everyone's help in answering questions and sharing their knowledge during my purchasing process. I was able to buy one from a 3rd party dealer with very little mileage so it is like new :)

2017 Range Rover Supercharged
Head-Up Display
Vision Assist Package
Climate Comfort Package
Tow Package
Audio Upgraded Package
Drive Package
Deployable Sidesteps

Now that I have purchased the car, I am thinking of a few things

1) Extended Warranty - I typically keep my cars for about 5 years, so I my plan is to buy the extended warranty (7 year? /100K miles or something like that..) - Question if I buy it now versus when my original 4 year warranty runs out...there should be no difference (unless prices go up?). I have a contact from someone on this site, so I am reaching out to her for pricing.

2) Pre-Paid Maintenance - seems like I should get this if it is going to save me $s, I typically always bring my cars back to the dealer for service.

3) Clear Bra, Ceramic Paint Protection - Thoughts? Based on what I have read, seems like folks do a clear bra for the front, rear (some folks for the doors) and then add a ceramic paint protection. Others seem to just add clear bra for the entire vehicle. Pricing seems pretty similar for both options.

4) I need additional keys - From what I read, the only way to get a new one is at a dealer and pay $300? for one...ouch.

5) Learning about all the features and how to use everything, the manuals don't seem very good to me, I have found a few videos but if you have thoughts, let me know - specially the navigation and rear entertainment, I have been learning with trial and error.

6) Occasional break squeak - I just noticed this today, I get the occasional break squeak, at the moment it is more annoying than anything. But it if gets worst, suggestions on how folks have dealt with it.

Anyways, that's enough for now... Of course this post needs a photo :)

IMG_6209.HEIC.jpg

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
Wow beautiful color! Congratulations on the new ride! My thoughts about your questions in general:

Typically extended warranties are cheaper if you buy it under a certain number of miles or the vehicle is a certain age. I believe you can buy one up until the factory warranty expires but it'll be more expensive closer to the end.

I spoke to my dealer about the maintenance costs and the pre-paid ended up being cheaper. I bought the 4 year plan and it's been nice going in for service and already having everything taken care of.

I went with both an xpel ultimate clear bra and opticoat pro plus. This is the second vehicle I've had a clear bra. On one hand it's good piece of mind but on the other it still shows marks from where rocks hit it. The paint won't be chipped but you'll see a mark on the bra, so the bra won't necessarily keep the front perfect. Ceramic paint protection has been wonderful not having to wax the vehicle, and every time the vehicle gets washed it is incredibly shiny. I will definitely get paint protection in the future but not so sure about the clear bra.

No idea about the keys. You may be able to get one from ebay and have the dealer reprogram?

OEM brake pads will squeak. The brake dust is incredible as well in a bad way. I ended up switching to disc italia ceramic aftermarket pads which have the same performance with essentially no squeak, and the brake dust is maybe 5% of what it was before if even that. So happy with the change.

·
Registered
258 Posts
First off, congrats on the car. Beautiful color!

$300 from the dealer isn't that bad. It's normal price for keys these days.

For maintenance, just do it yourself. Get the Mityvac 7201 and the appropriate oil filter wrench. You can either get the overpriced Castrol or like me get the Mobil 1 EP 5W20 and oil filter on Amazon. The air filters and other maintenance consumables are also available.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
82 Posts
****, you never really see a red Range Rover on the road. I think it looks incredible! Very eye catching. Congrats!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow congratulations it's nice. Regarding with your query about the ceramic paint protection I already tried last Monday because my car paints became dull. I got a professional to do it however, I can't say much about it for now because its just a couple of days past yet, it shines much better. I've had mine coated from https://ceramicprotection.com.au/ and so far I am still satisfied with the outcome.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
In regard to the brake squeak and dealing with it. If you're going to be working on this car yourself take the wheels off, inspect the brakes, replace/grease where necessary. If you're going to have it serviced tell them about it and leave it up to them to sort.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts