RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am new to the Td6 engine and I would like to know if I should be aware of any special care running this engine either on summer or winter, also do I need to add any type of additive to the fuel?

I appreciate and inputs.
Thank you
LCL

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
You shouldn't have to add anything. All major brands that sell diesel have a summer mix and winter mix. The diesel distributor will fill the station tanks with winter mix when appropriate for dropping temps in an individual area. Winter mix diesel has an anti-gelling additive to prevent diesel from crystallizing/ waxing when close to or below freezing.

·
Registered
70 Posts
No need to add anything to the fuel. I'd suggest to change oil every 7K miles instead of recommended 15K by LR. Other than this - just enjoy your TD6.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you very much for the information to both of you.

All the best
LCL

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just out of pure caution...with the winter temps we had last year in the tri-state area I put in the anti-gel into all three diesels...While the TD6 is in the garage, the Defender and the wife's Cayenne are outside and her truck along with 10 other diesels that the tow guy dealt with that day, all for frozen fuel lines...a few hrs in the shop and they started up...I did not put the anti-gel in all of the time, but I did keep an eye on the temps, and kept a bottle in the Trucks...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanka for the tip.
I will keep that in mind and eill buy the gel. Any specific brand and type?
Thanks again.

·
Registered
463 Posts
You can find the anti gel at any of the auto parts places...buy a few and keep one in the truck for when you fill up and it's going to be way cold for that tank...otherwise I don't add it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts