RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone purchased the 2017 map update for their 2014+ RRS. I am thinking of purchasing mine now for self installation before the warranty runs out (heard issues with the installation process and how some owners have had their navigations completely bricked). What I want to know more is whether there is a considerable difference with the new map. Are the graphics better? Are there noticeably more points of interest, etc?Any advice would be helpful!

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
are you sure you want to risk bricking your system? Sounds like it is worth having the dealer do it so the dealer can not claim it was user error.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To answer your question: No, I'm not sure, but it is definitely an option depending on how much the dealer will charge. I've also read that LR warranty covers the nav system and have see others who bricked their system being covered by warranty. Given that this is recommended for self install by Land Rover, it should be covered but who knows.I need to first decide if it's even worth the trouble/cost. It's only a 2-year update from 2015 to 2017. Not sure when the 2018 will be released or if it will be released at all given that it's already so deep into the year. Anyone have experience with the 2017 map update on a pre-2017 RRS? Anyone know if/when the 2018 update will be released?

·
Administrator
27,801 Posts
It's highly unlikely that there would be a 2018 update. LR is not known for annual up dates like some manufacturers. Then again maybe they are turning over a new leaf and 2019 will see an update or maybe they will go with over the air.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a bummer. Might just hold off on the update for now since it has only been two years... I was hoping someone would chime in on some new map improvements. The current map is just very ugly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts