RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just wondering if this is an isolated thing or something others have seen and we should be more aware of. We picked up a new 2017 HSE last month. I took it to a local car wash that I have used with all my other cars. While going through the dryer portion the large hood trim piece pictured below blew right off the vehicle, flew into the air, and landed on the ground where the truck then ran over it. The car wash owner said he has never seen that before with any car and that he owns a 2015 HSE that has been through the car wash dozens and dozens of times with no incident. He offered to pay for any cost involved but the dealer replaced it as a warranty item saying it should not have come off like that. Just curious if others have experienced or heard of this? (not intending to start a discussion on the merits of hand washing vs trusting a car wash)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
No can't help here and never heard of such thing like that either.

However, just want to make a comment regarding the carwash owner. He manned up and offered to pay for any cost involved. Right there. That tells you this is a man you want to continue to do business with. Most carwash place would have shown you the disclaimer notes posted on the wall the moment that hood trim piece flew off.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,154 Posts
Agree impressed that the car wash owner offered to pick up the tab. Probably helps that he has a Range too.

In the Sport forum a while ago somebody had a roof trim piece fly off on the highway if I recall correctly--the part that the roof rails would go into. I suppose it happens.

·
Registered
352 Posts
While this has not happened to our previous 2016 RR TD6 or our current 2017 RR TD6, we have had a few other things come flying off of our 2016. I will list them...

1) The driver door handle key cover. It seems that this would only happen in the winter months when the plastic was very cold. We lost 1 and had the dealership also replace under warranty as this should not happen. I started to remove this piece before entering the car wash as it was a guarantee on this cold days.
2) The V in R O V E R (on the front of the car) came loose in the car wash, I had some double sided tape so I took it upon myself to put it back and it never came off again
3) Believe it or not, our license plate on the rear blew off in the car wash. Luckily it was one of those times that I got out after the car wash to dry the car a bit and I noticed the plate wasn't there. I walked into the car wash between cars and found it on the ground. I used some double sided tape once again, and that plate would still be stuck on the car if it wasn't for our swap into the 2017 RR. Actually, the dealership mentioned they had a hard time removing the plate haha! I wonder why!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
15 Posts
Just happened a few days ago. Was on the highway and I started to hear some noise on the front passenger side. The trim was lifting off. Fortunately managed to pull over and push it down. What might help here is 3m double sided tape. It appears the trim is entirely attached with just clips.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I should have never read this post:crybaby2:. My car is definitely jinxed.... My trim blew off today on I-10 and flew over the side of the overpass......

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts