RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2017 Config Issues w/ 5+2 Seating & Climate / Comfort Pkgs?

Hi all,

Long story short, I ordered a 2016.5 RRS Dynamic Supercharged and unfortunately the dealership screwed up and the wrong options were selected. I am now trying to order a 2017 model with the same options through the same dealership and they are saying that the RR Sport with 5+2 Seating is NOT orderable with ANY Climate and Comfort Packs. Specifically, the error or prompt references a dependency email sent August 25th. Has anyone (owners or dealers) heard about this or know anything further? The wife is pretty adamant about the 5+2 (she understands that its not comfy, only good for short rides, etc.) so now we're potentially starting the whole vehicle search over (ARRRGGHHH)...

I understand the configuration tool probably just got released (located in the US if that helps) and that may be causing the issue? The dealership has no further info than 'um, we just can't order it that way' and with their recent mistake, I am not at all confident in their ability.

Help!
David H.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: 2017 Config Issues w/ 5+2 Seating & Climate / Comfort Pk

I ordered a 2017 RRS supercharged about a month ago with the 5+2 seating and the climate package. Haven't heard anything from the dealer that my the options are unavailable. I have a build date of 10/18. However, after your post, I apparently need to double check that the dealer ordered the right options for my vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Please do and let me know if you find out anything different than the above. I've been conversing with @LandRoverUSA on Twitter and they seem flabbergasted that I / we can't do this.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts

Honestly, I think the issue is on Land Rover's part in regards to their ordering system. They are having a lot of issues with ordering the 17 Range Rover Sport, properly. It took no less than nine attempts to get my 17 RRS Autobiography ordered correctly. For instance, the ordering system was requiring my dealer to throw on either the Atlas or Stealth packages. I want neither, and only want the standard, gloss black trim that comes on the Autobiography. My salesman contacted someone at corporate to configure my vehicle. Apparently there was a glitch in the ordering system, preventing vehicles to be built certain ways. Even after they corrected this glitch, every time the order would be opened back up again, the build would revert back to showing the Atlas package added back on. It took another week to get it so the Atlas package was not automatically populated each time the build configuration was opened and viewed. The fear was that when the build would be opened up at the factory, it would show incorrectly. Also, the black roof was not coming up as an option, or showing to be standard until LRNA corrected this too. We had issues ordering the full size spare wheel too. I think LRNA have fixed most of the bugs in the ordering system for the 17 Sport by now, but evidently any remaining issues will not be noticed until a dealer trys to configure a vehicle a certain way that is not allowed by their system. All in all, we got all of the bugs worked out over the past three weeks. I have reviewed our order countless times to ensure that the build sheet says exactly what it is suppose to...and it now does. Have your dealer contact LRNA, as they can probably help out and rectify the problem in their ordering system.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts

Please do and let me know if you find out anything different than the above. I've been conversing with @LandRoverUSA on Twitter and they seem flabbergasted that I / we can't do this.
Make note that contacting Land Rover through social media will do little for you. They are in digital marketing, and have no understanding of the actual ordering system as they are not responsible for it. Your dealer will be able to contact the correct person with Land Rover North America who directly handles North American order placements and the ordering system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

JMC08 - Good to hear that I'm not the only one going through this problem. A little frustrated that your dealer figured it out and I had to send this thread over for their review. Nevertheless, I just want to get the problem identified and resolved. Thanks again for your post and I'll keep everyone updated as to progress / solution.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Ok, just got off the phone with my dealer. My specs are complete for the build but the 4 way climate comfort pack cannot currently be configured with the 5+2 seating. They said it is a pre-production build problem that they call every week to Land Rover corporate to remedy. They said that they are confident everything will be working correctly before my 10/18 build date for these options to be added together.

It sounds like someone at Land Rover corporate needs to tick the correct box for the builds to be corrected. Just one mouse click...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

JMC08 - you called it regarding Twitter from LRNA being just marketing folks. Received a tweet from @LandRoverUSA and it indicated that 5+2 seating plus any comfort / climate packages are not available. A few minutes later I received a few emails from the GM @ the dealership and he confirmed that the options are indeed configurable, however, there is a programming issue that at this moment can't be manually resolved to allow both options. They expect it to get fixed (no ETA though). Once it is fixed, my order / request can be place.

@ Fife above - confirm with your dealer that your RRS w/ 5+2 Seating and Climate got ordered. Would love to hear how they did it.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Interesting. I'm about to place an order for 2017 Autobiography. I need that 5+2 and also want to the climate package. It's definitely possible together, as the order guide states this regarding climate package: "For vehicles with Third Row Seating this Package also contains Auxiliary Rear Air Ducting to 3rd Row Seats"

So it's obviously designed to be ordered together with 3rd row...

·
Registered
2 Posts

I'm trying to order the 2017 RR Sports HST with 5+2 Seating and Climate Comfort Package. My dealer told me same thing that he is getting an error in the ordering system. He is trying to get some answers from LRNA but at this time he has no ETA on resolution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Yep - seems to be a problem with their new orders for the Sport in 2017. My dealer is going to place my order with the caveat that he can make the necessary changes prior to order finalization (middle of October). At least in this scenario, I'm able to hold a vehicle so we're not in the back of the line. You would assume LNRA would update their website to allow you to build a 2017 Sport but ???

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts

I'm trying to order the 2017 RR Sports HST with 5+2 Seating and Climate Comfort Package. My dealer told me same thing that he is getting an error in the ordering system. He is trying to get some answers from LRNA but at this time he has no ETA on resolution.
I thought they discontinued the HST.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
883 Posts

HST was replaced by the "New" HSE Dynamic, which is more or less the same.

For anyone wondering, this issue was corrected. You can order 5+2 with any climate pack now.

·
Registered
11 Posts

My dealer says that the third row still cannot be ordered with the climate packs. They are still hopeful it will be fixed before my build date of 10/28. Has anyone been able to successfully order a RRS with these options?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hi, new to LR and placing my first order.

The LR website still does not allow you to add the climate package with 5+2 seating even though my dealer says the build sheet allows that configuration.
I'm trying to order the RRS Td6 without any of the option packages but my dealer says it has to include one of the climate packages. The dealer also says that the 360 camera feature cannot be ordered separately, that it only comes in the vision package even though the website allows you to add the 360 camera as long as you add the tow assist which is much cheaper than adding the vision package. Anyone know this to be true? In the end I added the climate package.

Also, if someone has received their 2017 RRS w/ 5+2 seating, can the 2nd row seats be adjusted forward after locking to allow more space in the 3rd row?
Any help is appreciated as I'm finalizing my build now. Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts

The dealer also says that the 360 camera feature cannot be ordered separately, that it only comes in the vision package even though the website allows you to add the 360 camera as long as you add the tow assist which is much cheaper than adding the vision package. Anyone know this to be true?
I know this to be untrue; I ordered a Td6 HSE with the Surround Camera System and Rover Tow Package + Advanced Tow Assist options. I did not order any other packages. Build should have been complete a couple weeks ago.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts

fwiw then your dealer already knows the VIN, which means you can then look up your car at Topix (where you can confirm this) and btw you can track the shipping process, too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts