RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time poster.

Bought a 2016 RR TD6 with 16k miles from a reputable authorized dealer and showed no problems in the records from previous owner. First weekend wife took it on a road trip and called me multiple times saying the car felt like it was "bucking" every few minutes while cruising on the highway -- It was raining heavily at the time. We took it back to the dealership the next day and no codes were thrown and problem not replicable -- Not raining. Brother-in-law put diesel in from an older station in Maryland so we attributed to bad diesel. The dealership flushed the fuel lines and replaced the filter out of good faith. We notice now that it happens (still) but very infrequently and only when it rains heavily or the car sits out in the rain -- Maybe bucks a few times if driven immediately. But once it dries up, no more bucking!

I describe the "bucking" as a momentary loss or skipping of power on the highway -- I've also noticed it when driving slowly as it feels like it might cut out (never has).

Any thoughts anyone? It's driving me and the dealership nuts as it's been with them twice for a few days and they can't replicate it.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
47 Posts
Intersting enough, I have been through this issue with my Evoque back in 2012-gasoline.
Exact same story, no codes, etc.
Could never be diagnosed, after many miles of testing.
The issue was brought up to corporate and then UK, and finally after a year of unsafe driving stalling under rain or heavy fog, it was diagnosed with a bad design of the intercooler (same as diesel) where sensor would be under humidity and shut dow 2 or 3 cylinders at a time.
Resolution...
They took the car back and offered me a Range Rover Sport at highly discounted price.
Then in 2013 models, they changed the design and corrected that issue.
FYI, it was the same case with all Ford ecoboost engines on F-150s.

Cheers.
LCL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Everything else is under cover from the rain, except the air intake. may be check the air intake drain for blockage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that info! I will take it the dealer to discuss. I just noticed this week that there are dirt stains in the shape of liquid as though it's coming from the fuel door/cap area. I'm assuming this is not normal??
Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts