RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had the SVR for a about a month now (my first Rover) and two things I’ve noticed:

1. Annoying break squeal from front brakes at low speed as I come to a stop. And the brake dust is like nothing I’ve had on any car before. Is this normal?

2. In Dynamic Mode, with the exhaust baffles open, I occasionally hear a “rattle” coming from the exhaust between 1500-2000 rpm. It’s not always present though. And if I close the baffles, it goes away, or if I hit the throttle and maintain a higher rpm it goes away. Anyone else experience this?

I love this car! Or do I call it a truck? LOL. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I’ve had the annoying squeal on a 2016 v8 dynamic with Brembo brakes (same as SVR, I think) There is a bulletin on it. Fixed under warranty.
Don’t know about the rattle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
So I’ve had the SVR for a about a month now (my first Rover) and two things I’ve noticed:

1. Annoying break squeal from front brakes at low speed as I come to a stop. And the brake dust is like nothing I’ve had on any car before. Is this normal?

2. In Dynamic Mode, with the exhaust baffles open, I occasionally hear a “rattle” coming from the exhaust between 1500-2000 rpm. It’s not always present though. And if I close the baffles, it goes away, or if I hit the throttle and maintain a higher rpm it goes away. Anyone else experience this?

I love this car! Or do I call it a truck? LOL. Thanks for the help!
I have had the front brakes replaced for squealing twice on my 2015 SVR. First time was around 5k kilometres and second around 30k . It was under warranty with no hesitation by the dealer as there is a technical bulletin on the issue.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Brake dust and squeal are par for the course for OEM Range Rover pads. I had my dealer change the pads multiple times under warranty and finally said forget it and went ceramic aftermarket. So much better now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brake dust and squeal are par for the course for OEM Range Rover pads. I had my dealer change the pads multiple times under warranty and finally said forget it and went ceramic aftermarket. So much better now.
Thanks. Whose ceramic pads did you go with?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks. Whose ceramic pads did you go with?
I hear good things about Disc Italia.

I’m going to order this set. “ Disc Italia hyper performance”

http://www.brakeworld.com/brakedetails/2016/land-rover/range-rover-sport/disc-italia-hyper-ceramic

·
Registered
117 Posts
When I had my 16, the TSB they finally came out with worked. It was a front rotor and pad complete replacement (had to be the new set with the new compound on fresh rotors) and it was perfect after that.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
There were a total of three pad styles with different components. Original, then two TSB with a different component change for each. Yes OEM pads create more dust than some after market pads. That's due the pads being slightly softer to allow for shorter braking distances in emergency situations while maintaining smooth stopping in daily driving.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have those Disc Italias from Brakeworld. The amount of dust is night and day. I have not noticed a difference in performance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts