RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 2016 Range Rover Sports Supercharged (only in the morning) displays "Suspension Fault."

I normally turn off the engine, and when I turn it back on within 3 seconds, the fault disappears. Now after 7 months of doing that, the display now keeps repeating the fault until the engine heats up, I think. I have to turn off and turn the engine back on probably 5 times (whenever I reached a red light in traffic) to make the display disappears completely, and here we go again the next morning. This new ritual may last 3 to 5 miles.

1-I would like to know the best Code Reader (Brand and Model number) for a Range Rover. Not only for the Suspension problem, but for the brakes, etc...I need to buy one.

2-How can I access the car own diagnosis to find out which of the Suspension is leaking, if not the air compressor?

3-I would like to know where the best and cheapest location to order the Air Suspension (Refurbished of Course), and hopefully not the Compressor itself.

Thank you,

Mark

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
1-we have and entire diagnostic equipment forum below. You might check with GAP diagnostics down in the vendor section to see if they are supporting the new models yet.

2- you don't. leaks are not monitored as there are no sensors for leaks.

3- Why are you not having the dealer handle this error under warranty? "best" and "cheapest" and "refurbished" are not things you should be concerned with on a two year old Rover.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
615 Posts
I recently has something similar in my 2013 RRSC. Suspension fault would come on and disappear with a re-start. Frequency increased over time. I did not get to the point that you are at, though.

I had the dealer check it out and they replaced the air compressor. Problem solved.

Mine was out of warranty and cost $1477. I would suggest taking care of this while you are still covered.

Steve

·
Registered
100 Posts
My 2016 SC did this a year or so ago. Kept popping up with a yellow warning messaging saying suspension fault. I scheduled an appointment with dealership but it was 2 weeks before they could fit me in so i kept driving it. Message would clear after each startup. Finally the message popped up in red with a message saying not to drive over 30mph. Left it with dealer until they could fit it in. Ended up being one of the suspension components. $8K repair but mine was covered under warranty. I purchased a extended warranty offered through the dealership once I had my rover back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you,

What is the Best Extended Warranty Company for Range Rover?
I need one. I just went over 53K
I think I'm in trouble!

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mine is assurant which I purchased through my local landrover dealership. I dont think the extended warranty will cover you on this issue but going forward it's a good idea. Also, talk to your local dealer. Since you are just over 50k, they might goodwill the repair.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will talk to them, but I can't believe that a RR with only 1 1/2 years old in use already suffered Suspension problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts