RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this thing and the nav does not automatically switch between night and day settings even though it's on "auto" Do I have to manually switch this myself or should I take it into the shop?

Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
All I can say, if you refer to your MY16 RRS as "this thing", you will probably not get much sympathy (or answers for that matter) at this forum.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine adjusts automatically. Maybe before bringing it in, you could speak to the service manager on the phone and troubleshoot? Might be something simple.

All I can say, if you refer to your MY16 RRS as "this thing", you will probably not get much sympathy (or answers for that matter) at this forum.
u seem upset m8. :(

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
238 Posts
My 2015 adjusts automatically as well but I keep it on Night Mode almost exclusively.

·
Registered
205 Posts
tom01015, pay no attention to the catty comment. You can call that thing whatever you want! :D

A few things come to mind.

- First, make sure you are looking at the right setting. In my 2014 RRS, the night/day setting is actually called "Theme" and the settings are light/dark. The setting is located in Setup / Screen / Theme. I believe 2016s infotainment vary slightly, but it shouldn't be too far off.
- Are you lights on Auto? It could be that if your lights are not set to Auto, the screen won't change modes until you actually turn on the lights.
- Something else I thought of is an obstruction of the sensor. The night/day screen feature is triggered by the auto lights sensor, which in most cars is located where the dash meets the windshield and looks like a little plastic dome. Check that out to make sure there's nothing covering it.

Hope this helps

Jose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts