Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the dealer here is saying they need to seek factory approval before they can do anything and factory has approved to change the right side which is more serious. I was fustrated cos i need to wait for the other side to worsen before I can bring in again to show them. What is this factory? Are they referring to JLR Uk?

· RIP Our Friend
27,964 Posts
They are not getting approval from the JLR factory. They would be getting approval from your regional/market office... where ever that is. For instance here in the US our regional/market office is LRNA in New Jersey. It's no different than second gen L322s that had issues with condensation buildup in extreme temp swings. Most of the time condensation is simply burned off or vented. If this did not happen, some were changed out as a courtesy. However they certainly did not change them out in pairs.

If this were a design flaw we would see many more posts on these assemblies clouding or discolouring.

· Registered
321 Posts
Thats normal for JLR to request this to the main office simply because the dealer needs to get paid by JLR for the repair if it is under warrenty. Same instance when my brakes squeal when I purchased the vehicle and before they replaced the rotors and pads they needed approval from JLR to do so.

Sal

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.