Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a deposit on a 2016 RRS SE. The dealer gave me the invoice price right away without any negotiation and told me they can't go any lower.

When I agreed to the price, they came back with a few add ones such as nitrofilled tires and a 5 year security coding added to the the final price. I understand that theses are add ons but I was told they are already put on and I have no choice but to pay for them.

Has anyone else encountered this? The dealer couldn't even explain what the add-ons do.

·
Registered
RR Sport
93 Posts
Nitrofilled tires...ok. It cost anyway ...like 20-30$.
But anythiyng else...I wouldn't pay and I'd even tell them "I'm not taking the car if you charge this extra fees".
Don't you have a contract ? You didn't see this fees before, when you ordered the car?

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,246 Posts
A lot of dealers do this no matter the brand. Just a way for them to add to their profit. Nitrofilled tires are fine but I wouldn't pay a dime for them. Air is mostly nitrogen anyway. 5 year security coding probably isn't worth anything either. At least they didn't charge you for VIN etching in the windows.

It depends on how badly you want this car. If you're willing to walk then play hardball and tell them no way you are taking delivery paying for those options. I bet they will fold. If you really want the car then just pay for it. You're getting the vehicle for invoice when most of us paid MSRP so you're already doing well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.