Range Rovers Forum banner

2016 RR Sport TD6---Is it a weak Battery causing all these issues ?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Ham Hands 
#1 ·
hello,

hope everyone is well.

does anyone what could be causing these errors.

a: random hdc/dtc unavaiable. i get it at most starts and if i shut down and restart the warning error is gone.

b: NOx control moderating system p2bae-00---could this be low def ?

codes; u0001-81
u100b-00
u210-27 temp sensor

#3 ·
A battery that is on it's way going Tits-Up can and will cause a myriad of problems on not just Rovers but all vehicles... The computer system thinks it's dying, relays start malfunctioning, the engine itself runs starved... and the ignition firing system is stressed and not firing correctly... and on and on and on... even if the Alternator is running 100%.

I've had Ford's and Jeeps go from running like total s#it to sewing machine smooth and powerful again simply with a new battery install when the old one was going bad. And if you live in a heat soaked high humidity environment like I do in the deep south you can expect to replace batteries twice as often as up north. I install/swap them myself so it's done right like most things...

My radar detector has a batter voltage reader on it. These Rovers like to have well over 13 Volts to operate optimally. And get an OEM manufactured battery and don't cheap out on it been there and done that... Bad decision!

Reactions: bangbang
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.