·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
is this a quiz or you just want us to guess? I'd say you'll get the '17 SC

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts
I would go 17 SC purely on the ability to get updated tech.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is this a quiz or you just want us to guess? I'd say you'll get the '17 SC
Sorry, wanted to leave it open for discussions. Why would you say the '17 SC, the 16' would have nicer seat and more speakers..

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts
The ability to receive over the air updates to the system (including Apple Carplay). That is not available on the 2016.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
This should be an easy decision...if they both are the same price and have similar options, why not just go with the 2017...but if you do decide to go with the 2016 for whatever reason, I have a solution for you if you want better tech out of the infotainment system. Visit my website or call for more info...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This should be an easy decision...if they both are the same price and have similar options, why not just go with the 2017...but if you do decide to go with the 2016 for whatever reason, I have a solution for you if you want better tech out of the infotainment system. Visit my website or call for more info...
The autobiography has a nicer interior and better stereo from what I know.. I'm not super familar with RR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right! In that case, get the 2016 Autobiography and install a new Android head unit with an Apple CarPlay adapter. This will actually give you more tech than the 2017.
Is this a bias responses promoting the head unit? It seems like a good idea...?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
Is this a bias responses promoting the head unit? It seems like a good idea...?
I guess that can be taken as a bit bias but yes the Android head unit is an excellent upgrade for 2013-2016 L405's...I have it installed in my 2013 and it's so much better than the original factory head unit. I realize that to some it may seem like I'm just promoting my business but I'm a long time member on this site and I'm passionate about Range Rovers so my first intention is to help other members improve and enjoy ownership of their Range Rovers. It's just a plus if I can make a little money in the process for all of my research and dedicated work towards installing this unit in my car as the first member on this forum to do such an upgrade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess that can be taken as a bit bias but yes the Android head unit is an excellent upgrade for 2013-2016 L405's...I have it installed in my 2013 and it's so much better than the original factory head unit. I realize that to some it may seem like I'm just promoting my business but I'm a long time member on this site and I'm passionate about Range Rovers so my first intention is to help other members improve and enjoy ownership of their Range Rovers. It's just a plus if I can make a little money in the process for all of my research and dedicated work towards installing this unit in my car as the first member on this forum to do such an upgrade.
I understand! Would you say that unit is better than the one in 2017? On start up will it load like the oem one?

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
972 Posts
I understand! Would you say that unit is better than the one in 2017? On start up will it load like the oem one?
Yes, in my opinion it is way better because the factory unit in the 2017 is limited to what you can do with it. This new Android unit allows you to do way more than you could ever imagine doing with the OEM unit. However, it does take about 30-40 seconds for the Android unit to fully boot up.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
45 Posts
1. i will choose the one with the lower milage
2. does the 16 autobiography have the upgraded seats in the back?
2 seats vs the regular 3 seats?
if that's the case, then i'll choose the 2017

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
Only reason to get the 16 would be upgraded stereo and if it had an interior color you couldn’t get in the non ATB.

For example, for me if the ATB had pimento interior I would get the 16. If it was like black or light brown I would get the 17.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1. i will choose the one with the lower milage
2. does the 16 autobiography have the upgraded seats in the back?
2 seats vs the regular 3 seats?
if that's the case, then i'll choose the 2017
Hey can you explain what upgrades seats mean and do you order the 3 row or 2 row

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
45 Posts
Hey can you explain what upgrades seats mean and do you order the 3 row or 2 row
it's 2 seats with a console in the middle.
seat has massage and all the bells and whistle you can ask for.
BUT you can only seat 2 people in the back

1 - 18 of 18 Posts