Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Land Rover finally released more information about the HST in a marketing bulletin yesterday. Also there will be another Supercharged limited edition as long as you like yulong white. Got to figure out how to best post the scanned PDF.

Briefly, for the HST, MSRP will be $79,995 and include the black contrast roof, morzine headliner, meridian premium package, and front climate and comfort package as standard. No mention of available options though. Only comes in 5 colors, black/silver/grey/white/red, each with only one interior color choice apiece.

The dealer told me the build dates will start July 2015 and go until January 2016. Apparently the next order call is coming in July, and if an order is placed by then, it's reasonable to expect the car to show up before the end of the year.

LR will be doing the HST like the SVR with specific allocations, so hopefully every dealer will at least get 1 with larger dealers getting more.

Will post more information later tonight.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HST will have the updated 3.0L V6 380 hp engine that is going into the full-size HSE in 2016. Also will include a dynamic mode. Previous news release is here.

Options for the HST are not listed on the bulletin, but in the past I read 22" rims are supposed to be an option (style 508 ), which were seen in the previous promo photos. One also has to assume things like a tow package and extra duty would be available too.

Standard options:
-Stealth pack with 21" rims (seen in above link)
-TFT screen
-red Brembo upgraded brakes
-noble plated paddle shifters
-Metal sport pedals
-Santorini black contrast roof

Five colors are available, each with "designer coordinated" interior colors to match exterior paint (to use LR's words). Leather is in autobiography pattern:
-Santorini black with ebony/ebony
-Fuji white with ebony/ebony
-Corris grey with ebony/lunar
-Indus silver with ebony/lunar
-Firenze red with ebony/pimento

Sports textured aluminum trim is standard

--

As for the V8 limited edition:
-MSRP $93,075
-Yulong white exterior with santorini black roof
-Ebony/cirrus interior with morzine black headliner and grand black lacquer wood trim
-Stealth pack with 22" rims in style 508
-Luxury climate comfort and visability package standard
-Meridian premium stereo standard

·
SUPER MODERATOR
990 Posts
Land Rover finally released more information about the HST in a marketing bulletin yesterday. Also there will be another Supercharged limited edition as long as you like yulong white. Got to figure out how to best post the scanned PDF.
Thanks for the PDF Hodog16, here's the link:

2016 MY Range Rover Sport HST and Supercharged Limited Edition, MPR15-16
http://cdn.ovalnews.com/pdf/mpr15-16.pdf

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The dealer had told me that they received 2 bulletins on the HST, but did not share the second with me. I figure the information in the email covered the second bulletin, in that production runs from 7/15 through 1/16 and that allocations will be announced separately from the usual builds of V6/V8s that they get, in other words you can't transform a random V6 allocation into an HST and that they will be independent allocations like the SVR.

In terms of colors, I'm biased towards firenze red as red's my favorite color, but to give you ideas of what the others will look like, the UK board has a nice thread for stealth pack colors:

-Santorini black with ebony/ebony (rocker bottoms will be painted)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Range rover Land vehicle Vehicle Car Rim Range rover

-Fuji white with ebony/ebony
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Range rover Sport utility vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Range rover

-Corris grey with ebony/lunar

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Range rover Sport utility vehicle Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Range rover

-Indus silver with ebony/lunar (picture with black lettering)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good questions. I like the HST look - painted side skirts, stitched leather across dash, etc, etc.
I also like the improved mpg over the V8.
I also like to think much of the "demand" is created.
Your thoughts?

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've analyzed the HST from all angles since the bulletin came out. If you build a comparable HSE to include all the standard features, it's only a difference of 1-2k between the two, a difference that can be easily justified by the painted side sills, 40 more bhp, as well as the inclusion of the Stealth pack. So from a value standpoint the HST makes sense unless you don't care for the premium stereo and front climate as examples.

However, the HST is more akin to Porsche's GTS line. Some performance upgrades but primarily an appearance package. I liken it to a V6 autobiography as it pretty much has everything the ATB has from an appearance standpoint aside from the silver badge on the back.

Performance wise obviously a 380 bhp V6 is nowhere near a 510 bhp V8, and the HST only comes with a single speed transfer case as standard. I don't know if torque vectoring will be on the HST so that's another question, but at least they included the dynamic package in a V6. In fact, the quicker throttle response in the V6 will be very welcome.

If you can make an ATB work, I would go that route between the two. However I could not get my wife on board for the upgrade and will be more than happy to "settle" for an HST, not because it's limited but because it has a lot of the things I wanted (brembo brakes, painted side sills, two tone leather, TFT screen) that I couldn't get in a RRS without having to go for the ATB.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've analyzed the HST from all angles since the bulletin came out. If you build a comparable HSE to include all the standard features, it's only a difference of 1-2k between the two, a difference that can be easily justified by the painted side sills, 40 more bhp, as well as the inclusion of the Stealth pack. So from a value standpoint the HST makes sense unless you don't care for the premium stereo and front climate as examples.

However, the HST is more akin to Porsche's GTS line. Some performance upgrades but primarily an appearance package. I liken it to a V6 autobiography as it pretty much has everything the ATB has from an appearance standpoint aside from the silver badge on the back.

Performance wise obviously a 380 bhp V6 is nowhere near a 510 bhp V8, and the HST only comes with a single speed transfer case as standard. I don't know if torque vectoring will be on the HST so that's another question, but at least they included the dynamic package in a V6. In fact, the quicker throttle response in the V6 will be very welcome.

If you can make an ATB work, I would go that route between the two. However I could not get my wife on board for the upgrade and will be more than happy to "settle" for an HST, not because it's limited but because it has a lot of the things I wanted (brembo brakes, painted side sills, two tone leather, TFT screen) that I couldn't get in a RRS without having to go for the ATB.

This thorough analysis suggests a serious apperance package. Inside and out, it is difficult to tell the difference between a HST and my de-badged ATB. Maybe I actually have bragging rights to the first HST! Maybe you can't distinguish the two until you drive it (or you hear it). LOL

What market wants all the visual cues of spending more money and cares less about the elecronic wizardry such as as locking diffs? China.

I have spent a fair amount of time in China. I have told by Dealers there that customers rarely pay for things on cars that cannot be seen (by others).

China is now a larger market for JLR than the UK (!) representing over a quarter of *all* sales in 2014 and growing almost twice as fast each month in 2015 to date.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I did not mean a serious appearance package like remade fascia, etc, but still one that is significant for the V6 RRS. Part of the HST's appeal is the appearance, and I don't mean those ubiquitous HST badges!

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The V8 limited edition is separate from the HST. The PDF covers both models.

I'd wager most of the public would see the RRS as "just another SUV". A smaller subset would say "that looks like a fancy Explorer". A tiny subset would say oh that's an RRS. And finally a minuscule fraction consisting of people on this board and people who work for LR would recognize the differences between the HSE, ATB, etc.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So with the HST, Land Rover is not allowing the customer to make any choices, options or even colors. No 22" rims, no tow package, nothing. All HSTs will have the exact same options with only port-installed options available to choose.

To make things even better, dealers are told what colors they will get and have no say in the matter or ability to choose.

I have had a $2000 refundable deposit at my dealer since the first week in April for the HST to be first in line, only today to find out that they are only getting one and in the color I do not want.

The silver lining possibly in all of this is that before the wife was not willing to let me stretch for the ATB since I had the HST reserved. Now that the HST is out of the question, tonight's project is breaking out the spreadsheet to figure out how to get my grubby hands on an ATB. Wish me luck! :sad:

·
Registered
65 Posts
So with the HST, Land Rover is not allowing the customer to make any choices, options or even colors. No 22" rims, no tow package, nothing. All HSTs will have the exact same options with only port-installed options available to choose.

To make things even better, dealers are told what colors they will get and have no say in the matter or ability to choose.

I have had a $2000 refundable deposit at my dealer since the first week in April for the HST to be first in line, only today to find out that they are only getting one and in the color I do not want.

The silver lining possibly in all of this is that before the wife was not willing to let me stretch for the ATB since I had the HST reserved. Now that the HST is out of the question, tonight's project is breaking out the spreadsheet to figure out how to get my grubby hands on an ATB. Wish me luck!
Your dealer told you that no options, choices or colours?
Because a video on YouTube shows the HST with 21" Satin Black... But in the news press images, they show with optional 22" I believe satin, but could be gloss, black wheels.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, and the bulletin does not provide for any options, only the special standard HST features. Land Rover is providing allocations to the dealers now with color choices already made which cannot be changed.

The press images show the optional 22" rims but those are for European models only, at least at this point.

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover / 2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder / 2019 BMW X5
359 Posts
So can you order an HST with the diesel?

·
Registered
2020 Range Rover / 2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder / 2019 BMW X5
359 Posts
Yes, and the bulletin does not provide for any options, only the special standard HST features. Land Rover is providing allocations to the dealers now with color choices already made which cannot be changed.

The press images show the optional 22" rims but those are for European models only, at least at this point.
I have the Canadian order guide and you can 100% order the satin black 22" wheels on the HST

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My mistake. Salient point is that the 22" is not an option for the US regardless of what other markets may have it. I think only four countries get the HST anyway, for example the UK is not one of them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Shocking the country that makes these vehicles aren't even receiving HST editions. Really unfortunate these vehicles, which are quite nice, are pretty much set in stone, not much customisation at all.

1 - 20 of 139 Posts