RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Range Rover Autobiography has repeatedly had the power steering fail, no lights or warnings, the steering "seizes up" making steering extremely difficult. I am strong but had to fight to steer at low speeds turning left through a light as if the steering was fighting against me.
Steering is ok again once ignition is cycled.
Already been back in the Dealer who returned it 'fixed' , to have it fail again on the first time out.
Been back in the dealers for three weeks now, they know it has a fault but can't find what is causing it. They say checked all wiring and earths ( first supposed fix was said to be a faulty Earth) and are "waiting to hear from Land Rover Engineering"
I heard today of one other car with the same fault at the same dealer - wondering it it is anything this knowledgeable cohort is aware of?
Thanks

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
101 Posts
Thank you for sharing. I hope your issue is resolved quickly and please keep us posted on your situation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Range Rover Autobiography has repeatedly had the power steering fail, no lights or warnings, the steering "seizes up" making steering extremely difficult. I am strong but had to fight to steer at low speeds turning left through a light as if the steering was fighting against me.
Steering is ok again once ignition is cycled.
Already been back in the Dealer who returned it 'fixed' , to have it fail again on the first time out.
Been back in the dealers for three weeks now, they know it has a fault but can't find what is causing it. They say checked all wiring and earths ( first supposed fix was said to be a faulty Earth) and are "waiting to hear from Land Rover Engineering"
I heard today of one other car with the same fault at the same dealer - wondering it it is anything this knowledgeable cohort is aware of?
Thanks
Hi, I wondered if you got this sorted eventually? I have the exact same problem with my 2016 Autobiography L405 and the dealership is not helping me really?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts