RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all -

Does anyone have any suggestion for a device i could mount that display the current speed limit of the road I am driving on? (i.e., the little circle in Waze that tells you what the speed limit is)

I know new RR models has this feature and i greatly miss it from my porsche when i want to quickly check what the speed limit is.

I dont care to install a Garmin that tells me, nor do I want to rely on my phone all the time.

Does anyone know of a simple device that is available to just display the current roads speed limit?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
463 Posts
I thought that's what the wife is for...always nagging that your going too fast or over the speed limit...of course no matter what speed you are driving...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought that's what the wife is for...always nagging that your going too fast or over the speed limit...of course no matter what speed you are driving...
The police don't accept that as a valid excuse,,,but its more for roads with speed cameras

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
No matter what you use it is going to be aftermarket. If you trust Waze why just use what you have?

Those systems are also not fool proof. Speed limits change and updates have to be installed. My neighbour's Nissan has speed alert. We've noticed three errors in the database just in our usual 20 minute trip.

As far as the police are concerned, if you are speeding you are speeding. You receive a camera ticket based on the posted speed limit, not what some gizmo or software tells you.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
I would just install a mount and use Waze. It can alert you when you're above the speed limit.

FWIW I'm with you. I'm 100% used to it being displayed by the HUD.

·
Registered
627 Posts
You have a 2016.5? My 2016 had the speed limit sign on the dashboard and hud. Go to settings and look for it. It might be disabled...

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
When I was ordering my L405 I test drove a 2016 on the lot which had a small speed limit sign on the centre of the screen.. x2 on it may be disabled

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
You have a 2016.5? My 2016 had the speed limit sign on the dashboard and hud. Go to settings and look for it. It might be disabled...
It was part of a specific package that not everyone got for the HSE trim

·
Registered
627 Posts
The gap diagnostic tool might be able to enable it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The gap diagnostic tool might be able to enable it.
Even if the vehicle didn't come with that option? My 2016 doesn't have it in the dash either and I wish it did. I had test drove one that had it and I figured the one I finally purchased would have it, but nope....

·
Registered
627 Posts
I would thoroughly go through your settings on the main menu, if not I would send an email to gap diagnostic and see. My 16 had it.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would thoroughly go through your settings on the main menu, if not I would send an email to gap diagnostic and see. My 16 had it.
Do you have HUD?

Also, do have the email address for GAP?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Yes my 16 had hud. Let me search my email... Patrick Meilleur,
Bachelor of Engineering

GAP Diagnostic

ED62AA2E-CBE8-4059-A1FE-A34FEB840649.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
Thanks Mark - I think that is the issue, I don't have HUD... :(