RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've read on various posts here that the 2015 is loosing the surround camera, park assist and soft door close on the early production 2015s. Where did people read this? I have an order in for a 2015 ATB and my dealer (in Connecticut) doesn't know anything about that (he's checking for me). Also, the 2015s are supposed to have lane departure warning, traffic sign reco, etc. Where did people hear this?

Just curious to know if it's confirmed or just rumors at this point.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I don't even see the point of Traffic sign recognition. If you can't see the signs I don't want you driving me around. It's not like it's good enough so blind people can drive? Ha ha. Sounds like technology for the sake of technology.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ask your dealer to show you the marketing bulletin from Jaguar Land Rover announcing the changes for the 2015 Range Rover Sport. It describes the changes and specifically addresses the issue you raised. On my copy of that bulletin, it states "The Vision and Convenience Package, along with Surround Camera and Soft Door Close will not be available for the initial 15MY order call. Further details relating to availability of these optional features will be provided in the coming weeks."

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Soft Door close is something I could do without, the Doors are very light and easy to close without it. Every Passenger I've had unwittingly overrides it anyway. You have to close it 99% anyway before the motor takes over for the last inch.

On the other Paw, the Rolls Phantom version would be awesome, press a Button and the Door closes by itself.

Ask your dealer to show you the marketing bulletin from Jaguar Land Rover announcing the changes for the 2015 Range Rover Sport. It describes the changes and specifically addresses the issue you raised. On my copy of that bulletin, it states "The Vision and Convenience Package, along with Surround Camera and Soft Door Close will not be available for the initial 15MY order call. Further details relating to availability of these optional features will be provided in the coming weeks."

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have the marketing bulletin and I'm sure that the OP read it too. However, with the ATB package it specifically states that the Surround Camera System IS included as part of that overall specification (350NE) which isn't the same as just the Vision & Convenience Package that was referred to. The CCVP specifically mentions the surround cameras and soft close as not being available initially as you stated. The ATB spec doesn't mention soft close.

The problem here is that it's ambiguous. I pinged my dealer and they said that since surround cameras are explicitly stated as coming with the ATB package (and not omitted in the package description as it is with CCVP), we should be good. However, since I believe in trust but verify I've been looking for a second confirmation and I have yet to find one.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
It gives the 12" TFT something to do, that's about it.
Because we get the dumbed-down version. In other parts of the world, it can be a little more useful.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
What specific features are we missing there compared to ROW?
"This system scans the road ahead for certain traffic signals and displays them in
the Message Centre in the instrument pack. The following signs are detected:
speed limit signs, no-overtaking signs, variable overhead speed signs and traffic
signs with extra information – such as reduced speeds for wet roads. The system
can be configured to provide speed alert warnings when the vehicle is travelling
at or above the current speed limit, as well as warning of no-overtaking zones."

Those are the features. I'm guessing this means it notices the Autobahn's "22-06" limits that are overall not uncommon in Europe, and other nice things.
FWIW the full UK (Euro) specs are here: http://www.landrover.com/content/gb/en/pdf/ebrochures/RangeRover and though they don't go into the details of this specific feature, the Evoque specs do here: http://www.landrover.com/content/gb/en/pdf/ebrochures/RangeRoverEvoque

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting I placed my order on 7/31 (still waiting on the build date) and he never mentioned anything me to as I added these to my initial build sheet. Perhaps since he quoted me 6-8 months they might have it by then. When do the models switch 15, 15.25, 15.5?

I think I will wait as I prefer to have all these toys since I'm paying so much for the vehicle already.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts