RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm a new user contemplating upgrading from a 2013 Range Rover Sport HSE (w/ the base 375hp engine) to a CPO 2015 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (I believe it is the non-dynamic version). I test drove the latter vehicle this weekend and found everything to my liking with one exception: the feel of the gas pedal. Compared to my current (2013) RR, the gas pedal on the 2015 model felt like it needed to be pushed down significantly further before the vehicle responded. I was driving in the "auto" terrain setting. My question is, is there a way to configure the sensitivity of the pedal, to make it more responsive?

Thanks,
Kcw984

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
Although it's not user configurable there are after market kits that allow you to condense the sweep signal of the throttle to trick the ECU to give faster response.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Does switching to certain terrain settings alter the pedal sensitivity? I've heard switching to dynamic mode (the squiggly road icon) is supposed to make the throttle response more aggressive (or something similar).

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,773 Posts
Appologies, when you said non-dynamic I didn;t even give a thought. Yes "Dynamic" on the terrain response will perk things up considerably.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I find that "Auto" can lighten up the throttle response slightly compared to "Normal", especially when off-pavement (which is desirable). You should try Normal mode when driving on pavement. Dynamic definitely perks things up.

You can also get a new map for your ECU if you really like "perkiness" as it will eliminate the lag.

Bryan

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,124 Posts
Every now and then I will push the gas pedal and nothing happens before pushing it down further which results on the vehicle launching forward like a freight train, and this is in dynamic. It’s not every time though.

To make the throttle more sensitive use dynamic mode on the knob and sport mode on the shifter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts