RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no problem getting in and out of my RRS but my wife who is 5’1 complains about it every time she gets in, and whenever older relatives or my parents get in they always complain it’s a pain to get in so considering getting some running boards to assist in getting in. Any recommendations on this?

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the automatic ones and I love them. But I will say that auto access height helps tremendously with ingress egress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have the automatic ones too and very helpful. For the auto access you have to be a little patient after you stop, can't just hop off the car right away, it takes a few seconds to lower to access height.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just drive the last 100 meters slower and manually select access height... its designed like this for a reason.
When your wife needs running boards to access the car it means you should buy a smaller car for her. The running boards kill the looks and the capabilities of the rr

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have the automatic ones too and very helpful. For the auto access you have to be a little patient after you stop, can't just hop off the car right away, it takes a few seconds to lower to access height.
My auto access height is almost instant. There would be no way for me to get out quicker than it lowers when the door is opened. Maybe yours isn't working properly.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My auto access height is almost instant. There would be no way for me to get out quicker than it lowers when the door is opened. Maybe yours isn't working properly.
Not too sure since the only times I’ve noticed it moving up and down is when I press the up and low buttons and felt it takes few seconds, may be 3-5 seconds or maybe. Since I always use the auto running boards.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Not too sure since the only times I’ve noticed it moving up and down is when I press the up and low buttons and felt it takes few seconds, may be 3-5 seconds or maybe. Since I always use the auto running boards.
Ahhhh, gotcha. No, it seems to drops much quicker when access mode is activated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
caledonian
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing