RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 2015 battery went out. Not sure how old is this battery as I bough it used. So after jump start, it won't hold the charge enough for a new start after few minutes.
Also got some warnings on transmission. Will get to dealer this week.

Q is, do you guys think the alternator is bad ??. I though after a jump it should hold charge for few restarts.. Or this will happen when the battery gets bad fully..

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
could be either. My alternator went out at around 18,000 miles. They replaced it and the battery. 25K miles so far thats only problem I have had.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,429 Posts
If you have a totally dead battery, it should be charged or partially charged before jumping. An alternator can be ruined trying to bring back a totally dead battery. If the battery is low, many electrical gremlins can occur.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
So my 2015 battery went out. Not sure how old is this battery as I bough it used. So after jump start, it won't hold the charge enough for a new start after few minutes.
Also got some warnings on transmission. Will get to dealer this week.

Q is, do you guys think the alternator is bad ??. I though after a jump it should hold charge for few restarts.. Or this will happen when the battery gets bad fully..
I think you need to step up and take care of your car better. buying an unknown condition used battery is just asking for issues to pop up. Range Rovers are known to be power hogs. Get an interstate battery. most major cities have interstate liquidation centers that sell batteries with scraped stickers scratched tops etc. Half the price but same warranty. of course we have no idea of what your location is. Please put a real location in your profile and your actual Rover info in your signature.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably sat for long periods. No one starting or driving car...
So they replaced the battery under warranty .. Did't know it was covered.. The check engine light was due to a "evaporative hose leak'.. This was my first ever issue that needed a repair. Wondering if I still need extended warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts