RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to turn off the Eco Mode permanently?

The dealer told me there is not but I don't believe him.

Help anyone?

·
Registered
339 Posts
In 2014 there was a Eco button to turn off. Do you have that in the 2015? When The 2014 Evoque came out I was told the 2015 model's Eco mode was going to be permanent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
not aware it can be turned off permanently. You can turn it off but the button on the dash but automatically resets to on when you restart the motor.

Probably a way to do it thru the ECU.
Is there a way to turn off the Eco Mode permanently?

The dealer told me there is not but I don't believe him.

Help anyone?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Isn't there a fuse to pull or back up battery to unhook to disable the Eco?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
Why do you want to disable it? What harm is it doing?
Already beat to death in the 405 and 494 sections. Some folks are too lazy to press a button. Many folks with the first gen of this system had issues with being left dead when lights change or stranded with a locked transmission. Face it, for an Evoque the gain is minimal at best especially if you stop to think about the added wear and tear on the starter and lubrication systems.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have disabled stop start on a 2015 disco 4 by disconnecting the aux battery, found that info on here. But it does leave a warning on the dash permanently. LR introduced it to reduce emissions so they don't want people messing with it............. VW scandal?? It's a very sore subject at the moment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I remember when the air pumps, egr's and emissions systems first came out. Everyone was cutting belts, plugging off vacuum hoses and reeming out catalitic converters. The start stop technology is just another phase. You may as well accept it and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,671 Posts
OKay papa, you can give it a rest. THe topic is how to disable the system, not the benefits or acceptance of it. The OP wants to know HOW to disable the system, not why he shouldn;t. HOW has already been answered. We need not beat the dead horse of tree hugging perceptions or minimal gain for such a system on a four banger or 6 cylinder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Rivers,

Have a look at this link --https://www.evoqueownersclub.co.uk/forum/22-modifications/7055-disabling-eco-stop-start-safely.html

It should sort the problem with no silly messages.

Bazz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Bazz45
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing