RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of upgrading to the L405 but I'm not sure what engine I should go for...the Supercharged 6 cylinder or the Supercharged 8 cylinder. I would love the fuel savings of the 6 cylinder but I also would love the power of the 8 cylinder...undecided.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well guys, I was looking for a 2015+ CPO L405 but I ran across a deal that I couldn't refuse on a 2013 L405...HSE with the 5.0 V8...The vehicle is unbelievably clean for a 2013 and it has only 43,253 miles on it. I purchased it at Land Rover Rancho Mirage for only $40,835 plus tax. It was originally sold there brand new. I know that the vehicle is out of warranty and going on 6 years old but I'm going to get an extended warranty and drive it for a few years and then maybe upgrade to a newer model.

Optional Equipment:
Premium Audio $1,850
HSE Package $5,000
Soft Close Doors $600
Vision Assist Pack $1,650
Shadow Walnut Veneer $1,510
Wood Leather Steering Wheel $425

Original Window Sticker was $97,080

Is there any issues that I should look for with the 2013 HSE?

·
Registered
491 Posts
No real problems with my 2013 RRSC. I had to have the water pump and air compressor replaced this past fall (I had just over 40K on the clock).

Otherwise, just routine maintenance.

Enjoy!

Steve

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well guys, I was looking for a 2015+ CPO L405 but I ran across a deal that I couldn't refuse on a 2013 L405...HSE with the 5.0 V8...The vehicle is unbelievably clean for a 2013 and it has only 43,253 miles on it. I purchased it at Land Rover Rancho Mirage for only $40,835 plus tax. It was originally sold there brand new. I know that the vehicle is out of warranty and going on 6 years old but I'm going to get an extended warranty and drive it for a few years and then maybe upgrade to a newer model.

Optional Equipment:
Premium Audio $1,850
HSE Package $5,000
Soft Close Doors $600
Vision Assist Pack $1,650
Shadow Walnut Veneer $1,510
Wood Leather Steering Wheel $425

Original Window Sticker was $97,080

Is there any issues that I should look for with the 2013 HSE?
It also has the optional Rear Seat Entertainment w/Touchscreen Remote...$2,400

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's a great price and a nice vehicle, so congrats.

Let us know what extended warranty you go with and how much you're quoted.

Only other things to look out for are my the tailgate issues with the bottom part not closing all the time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone care to chime in on their experience with Land Rover Rancho Mirage? I'm looking at a CPO vehicle and am an out of state buyer. So far all has been going well working with them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My experience with them was great. It was an easy process. I found the vehicle on truecar.com and went to the dealership with a cash offer/deal...my offer was accepted and I was out of there within an hour. I live here in the Coachella Valley and the dealership is only about 17 miles from my house so I didn't have to go far. I'm not sure how it will work out for you being out of state.

·
Registered
86 Posts
OP, the V8 has no substitute. I was in the same spot on my ‘15 and once I drove the Supercharged V8, it went to the top of my list in “must have’s”. Nothing like the feeling of that engine...it’s not about the numbers and parsing microseconds. To me, it’s a seat of the pants thing.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OP, the V8 has no substitute. I was in the same spot on my ‘15 and once I drove the Supercharged V8, it went to the top of my list in “must have’s”. Nothing like the feeling of that engine...it’s not about the numbers and parsing microseconds. To me, it’s a seat of the pants thing.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've already purchased a very gently used 2013 HSE with the NA 5.0 V8...I did want the supercharged V8 but I couldn't pass up the deal on this one. I'll probably drive this one for a few years until I can get a good deal on a 2018+ supercharged V8.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had a supercharged 2016and still have a 2013 V8. The 2013 V8 will get you almost 40% better gas mileage. Idk why the 13 lets me go almost 460 miles on a tank of gas is crazy versus 280 on a supercharged is crazy. The supercharged sucks gas.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had a supercharged 2016and still have a 2013 V8. The 2013 V8 will get you almost 40% better gas mileage. Idk why the 13 lets me go almost 460 miles on a tank of gas is crazy versus 280 on a supercharged is crazy. The supercharged sucks gas.

mark1107, that's interesting to know. I do like how smooth the 2013 NA V8 is and it seems to have more than enough power. I had the same engine in my 2010 L322 but the L405 seems faster...obviously it's because of the weight loss. I haven't really paid any attention to the gas mileage yet but I would assume the L405 5.0 V8 would have to get better mpg than the L322 5.0 V8.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If anyone happens to be at Land Rover Ranchi Mirage this week I’d be interested in having them take a look at a CPO vehicle for me.

Thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If anyone happens to be at Land Rover Ranchi Mirage this week I’d be interested in having them take a look at a CPO vehicle for me.

Thanks
I might be in that area sometime this week...just pm me the info on the one you want me to look at. I can also link you up with the salesman that I made the deal with on my L405.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I, too, am in the market for a L405 and ran some numbers --

V6 SC / 30 highway mpg / 500 miles on full tank of gas
V8 NA / 23 / 460
V8 SC / 20 / 280
V6 Td6 / 29 / 650

I'm leaning toward the diesel for a comfortable road trip car. I have a fast fun car for those occasions when I want one. Going that fast in a 'land barge' to me is an unseemly proposition, but obviously not to others. I mainly use my L322 for boring highway runs so the V8 SC is a bit of a waste. Like the OP I only got it for a 'great deal'.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Dalek1 what year is your L322? Do you want to sell it? I live in Rancho Palos Verdes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts