RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to pick up my sisters 2014 and join my 2008 l322 because of the issues she Is having. The car is in CA and if the outside temperature is 95 + the car on occasion will just go completely dead. This usually occurs after a short stop. Nothing works and the dash goes blank. So, you our stuck outside or just sitting there in 100 degree weather. The dealer found nothing on the 2 times she went in. After awhile the car will go back on and it runs like nothing happened. She is bringing it back in as it just happened again and rather than get screwed on a trade in has offered it to me at a discounted price. The catcher... I live in southwest Florida and it gets mighty hot. If it's a fix or problem I can't find issues like she is having. Am I missing something, is there a known problem?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My guess is, there is no link between the outside ambient temperature and the vehicle shutting down, just a coincidence. Most engines run at double (190f) the temps that you're talking about (95f) regardless. Far more likely to be an electric issue somewhere, once physically diagnosed, will no doubt be an easy fix. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts