RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 Sport SC on 24' Velos S4 Forged Wheels & Toyo Proxes II Ti

Dear Members,

Here is a 2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged we recently wrapped up. The car was lowered via a lowering module and the car sits on 24" Velos Solo VI forged Wheels wrapped in Toyo Tires. Custom paint work was done to the body and brakes as well. Lastly we tuned the vehicle to 580HP with our Stage 2 Flash. Hope you enjoy and feel free to contact us with any questions.

Velos Stage 2 ECU Upgrade
Velos Solo VI Forged Wheels 24"x10
Toyo Proxes STII Tires 295/30/24
Lowering Module

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Re: 2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged on 24' Velos S4 Forged Wheels & Toyo Proxes I

I see the rims ... where did the tires go! ;-)

It looks nice enough if that is the look one is after, but it just seems to be such a waste to totally negate the off-road abilities of the RRS.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Re: 2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged on 24' Velos S4 Forged Wheels & Toyo Proxes I

It looks nice enough if that is the look one is after, but it just seems to be such a waste to totally negate the off-road abilities of the RRS.
Exactly - low profile, massive rims = show-off or rapper, not an enthusiast of the brand.

I want pretty aftermarket rims in a useable size!

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts

I am all for after market rims and toys. Your money, go for it. However folks get bent on these great gaping spaces between anemic little spokes. This leaves the first look of "Oh look, teeny tiny little mismatched rear calipers... painted bright red so you really can see just how tiny they really are. Oh well, Dr Ruth may have had a point about size.

I will also agree with the above comments. It's all form over function. You have ruined the comfort and abilities of the rig unless you are crawling the mall. Heaven forbid you should be surprised by a speed bump and leave your kidneys behind.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think car looks pretty solid

With the custom paint job, I would have included the bottom door mouldings and also the front and rear bumpers (the plastic bumpers)

I'm no "rapper" either....

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

The car does look fine ... some of those RR Overfinch conversions can be pretty ugly. But if all you care about is speed and your modifications make the car worthless for any basic light off-roading ... why not just buy a MB E63 wagon? You'll go much faster, have better handling (lower center of gravity), still have plenty of luggage space and the cost is about the same.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

Its Florida. Nothing but endless open smooth as butter roads and a ton of sunlight. I don't think tire profile makes any difference down there. Look at all the sports cars with Florida plates... most have tiny tiny tire profiles. They look good and are meticulously maintained. In that environment this is sort of the "in thing" and its normal.

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,558 Posts

Tough crowd here.

·
Registered
381 Posts

Looks good IMO.
I think I would prefer 22s just to keep some of the ride comfort. So probably 22 x 10.5

·
Registered
P525
217 Posts

Here in Munich we have those kind of big aftermarket alloys mostly seen on Old pimped BMW 3 series and VW Golf's. In the class off Luxury Cars, we mostly not mess them Up.

For me this aftermarket Designs are destroying the still understated clean and funktional RRS look.

But the pictures and the detailing is very impressive, especially the matte-black front and Rear cover looks Good for the matte unpainted bumpers/sills.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I like the look but the 22's already have a stiff enough ride for me and I wouldn't go larger.

·
Registered
288 Posts

I prefer these... It will give me more street credit:

image.jpg

image.jpg

- Ball So Hard

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Understood completely, not too much off roading going on with these RR's here but we do have clients who opt for 22's with a slightly larger tire. Factory 22's run a 275/40/22 and these are 295/35/24 so not that bad.

Exactly - low profile, massive rims = show-off or rapper, not an enthusiast of the brand.

I want pretty aftermarket rims in a useable size!
Understand your point completely, to each their own though right? Other professionals enjoy Massive wheels as well, no need to stereotype.

I am all for after market rims and toys. Your money, go for it. However folks get bent on these great gaping spaces between anemic little spokes. This leaves the first look of "Oh look, teeny tiny little mismatched rear calipers... painted bright red so you really can see just how tiny they really are. Oh well, Dr Ruth may have had a point about size.

I will also agree with the above comments. It's all form over function. You have ruined the comfort and abilities of the rig unless you are crawling the mall. Heaven forbid you should be surprised by a speed bump and leave your kidneys behind.
Our dealerships here offer the calipers painted as an option from the factory but I do understand where you are coming from. Other than that I respect your opinion but even when building a Jeep we allow everyone to be unique. No rules saying you can't upgrade your RR to larger wheels especially when you go with a Forged option which produces a lighter and stronger wheel than the factory alternative.

I think car looks pretty solid

With the custom paint job, I would have included the bottom door mouldings and also the front and rear bumpers (the plastic bumpers)

I'm no "rapper" either....
Ditto! On my '11 RR I Color matched the side panels but I guess its not for everyone. Thanks for your unbiased opinion. "Rappers" have such a bad rep here huh?

The car does look fine ... some of those RR Overfinch conversions can be pretty ugly. But if all you care about is speed and your modifications make the car worthless for any basic light off-roading ... why not just buy a MB E63 wagon? You'll go much faster, have better handling (lower center of gravity), still have plenty of luggage space and the cost is about the same.
... Everyone loves a RR, this Rig is actually owned by a Lady and so are other G63 & RR's in South Florida, California, NY. Nonetheless we appreciate the input and see where you are coming from.

Its Florida. Nothing but endless open smooth as butter roads and a ton of sunlight. I don't think tire profile makes any difference down there. Look at all the sports cars with Florida plates... most have tiny tiny tire profiles. They look good and are meticulously maintained. In that environment this is sort of the "in thing" and its normal.
Thanks and these Toyos offer plenty of meat.

Tough crowd here.
All good, the feedback is great and I think it is cool hearing opinions from enthusiasts all over the world.

Looks good IMO.
I think I would prefer 22s just to keep some of the ride comfort. So probably 22 x 10.5
Understood and maybe a 40 series tire. We have seen a coupe of those, looking forward to building something like that for members here.

Here in Munich we have those kind of big aftermarket alloys mostly seen on Old pimped BMW 3 series and VW Golf's. In the class off Luxury Cars, we mostly not mess them Up.

For me this aftermarket Designs are destroying the still understated clean and funktional RRS look.

But the pictures and the detailing is very impressive, especially the matte-black front and Rear cover looks Good for the matte unpainted bumpers/sills.
;) Thanks for the kind words on the details.

I prefer these... It will give me more street credit:

View attachment 105498

View attachment 105506

- Ball So Hard
Looks good just not sold on the doors....

If anyone has any other questions feel free to contact us here, via email, or phone.

Best Regards,

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts

Omar, you are a good sport and handled our comments very well! I think you will find that many owners on this forum seem to prefer a more classic understated look and truly appreciate the RR and RRS for both its on and off road abilities, so probably not too many looking for 24" wheels.

Your participation here is appreciated and we always enjoy seeing new projects :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Omar.....

My "no rapper" comment was more geared towards some of the audience here

Not to your original post

Heck.....I have personal friends in the "rap game"..... Hahahaha.....

·
Registered
381 Posts

22 x 10.5 is the balance. I've seen them with some deep concave in person, all I can say is WOW.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Omar, you are a good sport and handled our comments very well! I think you will find that many owners on this forum seem to prefer a more classic understated look and truly appreciate the RR and RRS for both its on and off road abilities, so probably not too many looking for 24" wheels.

Your participation here is appreciated and we always enjoy seeing new projects :)
Thank you, appreciate it. I stepped out of my normal Euro, Exotic scene earlier this year and built a Rubicon... I think it was a good balance between functional and good looks but got a lot of heat for it lol. Ultimately I think its cool to get feedback from all of the world. Understood regarding the 24's I am just sharing builds. The beauty of it is our wheels are Forged so we can have them built in a 22x10.5 square setup. Actually looking forward to doing some of those for members here.

Omar.....

My "no rapper" comment was more geared towards some of the audience here

Not to your original post

Heck.....I have personal friends in the "rap game"..... Hahahaha.....
I know just all fun and games. Let me know if I can ever do anything for you.

22 x 10.5 is the balance. I've seen them with some deep concave in person, all I can say is WOW.
Need some for your RR? or possibly a 20x12 & 20x10 setup for your GTR. Check out our homepage for a Black Edition we did earlier this year (I think it was a BE)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts