RangeRovers.net Forum banner

141 - 156 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
70 Posts
Firescrap - that looks to me like the WhiteFire wireless headphones connector. Is the same socket on your amp populated?
I don’t believe so, almost looks like there is a a few posts to mount something in between the amp and the connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
firescrap, the bass drivers are not directional, none of the speakers are. They will just have been labelled by the dismantlers for reference.

Obviously they need to be connected in the correct polarity to ensure the correct phase but that’s only an issue if you are making your own cables.

·
Registered
70 Posts
firescrap, the bass drivers are not directional, none of the speakers are. They will just have been labelled by the dismantlers for reference.

Obviously they need to be connected in the correct polarity to ensure the correct phase but that’s only an issue if you are making your own cables.
Thank you!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So doing this same upgrade on a 2016 RRS but when dropping sub in I could not find a unused connector so I assume mine is not pre-wired or am I missing the plug like it’s buried under stuff or harder to find?
Was there ever an response to this question? I have the same issue

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
Mine isn’t there in my 2016 L494 either so I’ve made my own harness and am connecting it directly to the upgraded amp.

It all depends on your factory spec. Mine has the Base 8. Lifting the trim and tread plates on the LHS and pulling the carpet up you can see your amp connections as a side view. Mine was missing the blue connector which carries the front door Mids, centre dash tweeter and mids, load space tweeter and mids and the sub. If the blue connector is missing on yours then you won’t have the connector for the sub present.

I bought an amp from eBay that had cut pigtails with it so now have the blue connector to do my install. But you can buy the connector too...

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
You need to make sure you have an amp that supports a sub output. Then install it and add the sub by connecting it to the amp via the blue connector

·
Registered
70 Posts
So I read this whole thread and wanted to follow it step by step. I went ahead and ordered all my speakers and wiring. The one problem I ran into is my mid ranges were not pre-wired so I don't have the connector for the mids on the front door. I don't want solder the lead directly to the mids incase i have to remove the door cards there won't be a way to disconnect the wiring. Has anyone been able to source those connectors? Also is the GAP tool required to unlock the sound from the tweeter and mids in the front dash and rear trunk once installed, and how are you connecting the wiring to the amp.
Just upgraded all the door speakers and installed the mids. Mine too doesn’t have the connector for the mids anywhere to be found in any one of my doors. Unless I am just that oblivious or blind. Can someone help me out with the wiring options? I’m going to scroll back through the 170+ replies but any clarification would but very much appreciated!!
TY in advance.

Lastly when you reinstall the door card be very careful screwing the short bottom screw back in. All of my mounts broke, cheap plastic. As soon as you feel resistance stop screwing. The littlest amount of torque will break the mount. In search of replacements.

Thanks

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
Just as an FYI, I fitted a Premium16 amp to my 2016 L494. The amp is dated 2013 and is the BJ32-19C164-BG variant. After changing the CCF to Premium it completely bricked the amp and it’s now nothing more than a paperweight. Patrick at GAP Diagnostic has been really helpful and has told me the amp is stuck in boot loader and not coming online. So when attached it takes down the entire IAM. I’ve fitted a space High12 for now and that at least gets the system up and running again.

Just worth noting that you should be careful which amp you fit to yours as the year seems to have comparability impact. I believe I’m now looking for a DX32-19C164-BA if anybody has one or knows of another suitable amp for my 2016?

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
26 Posts
As I noted in the above install story I ordered the pins for 1 and 13 and only later after reviewing the wiring diagram those were incorrect and I needed 3 and 18. The good news is that pins 3 ands 18 used the same pin as #1. #13 is a much larger pin as you can see it below with the blue lead wire.

Also interesting to note that some of these parts are the same between Jaguar and Range Rover, however, the Jag part is cheaper!!
What where the part numbers on these? Thank You in Advanced

141 - 156 of 156 Posts