RangeRovers.net Forum banner

121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
Thanks...been looking. Your thoughts. Will an ebay factory premium amp work if installed in a RRS that currently have the base system? Do I need to be concerned with anything?
parts link is where I bought mine from they sell on eBay I called them direct and got all the speakers and amp sub etc together. They were very pleasant and easy to work with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone! Yes, I'm a newbie (novice) at anything RR. Just bought a 2014 RRS SE "with the base system installed"...needless to say, HELP! Reading many of the posts' and using the wiring diagrams; installing the additional mids and upgrading the lows seems pretty straight forward.

My question is with upgrading the amp. If I replace the base amp with mid-level amp, will it play all the speakers, including the newly installed mids, or do I need to have the system programmed? This is huge for me...I don't wan to go aftermarket for anything if I don't have to. THANKS ALL for your assistance. ALSO, WHERE IS A GOOD PLACE TO PURCHASE OEM (NEW OR USED)?

Thanks
CLW
The mids in the front doors require additional wiring in the door harness for those to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All, I am upgrading my base audio system on my '16 RRS. I have purchased the upgraded 850W amp as well as the factory Meridian sub. Does anyone have any experience installing the factory sub, as I am unable to locate any "pre-wired" connecting wires. I have attached images of my current install. Any assistance would be much appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
As I noted in the above install story I ordered the pins for 1 and 13 and only later after reviewing the wiring diagram those were incorrect and I needed 3 and 18. The good news is that pins 3 ands 18 used the same pin as #1. #13 is a much larger pin as you can see it below with the blue lead wire.

Also interesting to note that some of these parts are the same between Jaguar and Range Rover, however, the Jag part is cheaper!!
Thank you for the above information! Can you please confirm the part numbers for the pins are 418430 and 41854917.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just picked up my 2017 Randy Rover sport diesel! Aweso,e ride but the base stereo sucks, what’s my solution to upgrade to the premium signature meridian? Can I replace amp and speakers by plug n play meridian premium equipment? I don’t don’t want to get into aftermarket or running wires.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Where did people get the red lead for the plug connector? Jaguar Land Rover Pre-Terminated Lead (part number 418430) as suggested earlier isn’t available anywhere...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just finished upgrading from super 8 to 19 speaker system. It was easy and all plug and play following all steps on this thread! Night and day sound!! I however did not use the OBDII tool to unlock meridian settings. Happy with the sound as is might look into in in the future....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Upgraded and installed all my speaker and sub and it sounds incredible! Just need to wire the front mids. Could someone please tell me where to source the pin from to connect into main door connector?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Upgraded and installed all my speaker and sub and it sounds incredible! Just need to wire the front mids. Could someone please tell me where to source the pin from to connect into main door connector?
I bought the wire connector from RoverJaguarParts.com
Part # 418430

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
214 Posts
Local shop did an Audison upgrade for my base system. AP F8.9 bit-24V | Audison - car audio processors, amplifiers and speakers. with audition speakers. Given the budgets I have seen for the Meridian system upgrade, I am glad I went this way. Great sound that is tunable to your preference. Check it out. All fit in the stock RRS spots. BTW I have an amp I replaced with a back left front channel for cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just finished upgrading from super 8 to 19 speaker system. It was easy and all plug and play following all steps on this thread! Night and day sound!! I however did not use the OBDII tool to unlock meridian settings. Happy with the sound as is might look into in in the future....
Jonflores.
Did you fit the Center speaker in the dash and the rear parcel shelve speakers? ill be upgrading from a 380w meridian system to the 825w. Due to the fact mines the base meridian I already have the mids in the doors and sub, it’s just lacking the punch.
i’d like to fit the Center dash speaker and the shelf speakers in case I also want to mess with the ccf at a later date.
I know the op said the Center dash speaker wasn’t pre wired. Was this the same on yours ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What gauge wire did you use for your new speakers?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just picked up my 2017 Randy Rover sport diesel! Aweso,e ride but the base stereo sucks, what’s my solution to upgrade to the premium signature meridian? Can I replace amp and speakers by plug n play meridian premium equipment? I don’t don’t want to get into aftermarket or running wires.
I'm in the same boat as you. From what I can tell, to upgrade to the Meridian you need to reprogram the vehicle to allow this. It's doable in the older models (pre 2017), but the GAP and similar tools to do it don't yet support CCF flashing for 2017+ models.

I've heard that the base amp drops off below 80Hz, but I ran some test tones and got response at decent volume from 30Hz. I have no idea whether this refutes what I've heard about the 2016 setup or if I just don't know what I'm doing/hearing. If I'm lucky this limit was not programmed into the 2017+ hardware/software.

Upgrading the drivers with the meridian ones should be plug and play. I've heard that the midrange tweeter is missing and not prewired though (the three inch circle in the door) so running another channel or running the mid-bass wires in series to there is an easy option. It's really just upgrading the amp and adding a sub or other extra drivers (center dash, cargo shelf, headliner?) that will be the headache.

To complicate matters, it appears 2017+ has a different line of amplifiers (at the very least a new connector "AUD4"). This means the ebay route for upgrading the amp will be met with limited supply+high demand.

A full aftermarket replacement with proper sound processing will be a massive (read: expensive) undertaking. Just the hardware alone (MOST adapter, sound processor, amplifier) is around 2k from what I can tell. Pick your price for speakers. Those can get spendy really fast.

If any of you have any insight on the sound hardware for a 2017+ I'd be interested in whatever you can offer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I read this whole thread and wanted to follow it step by step. I went ahead and ordered all my speakers and wiring. The one problem I ran into is my mid ranges were not pre-wired so I don't have the connector for the mids on the front door. I don't want solder the lead directly to the mids incase i have to remove the door cards there won't be a way to disconnect the wiring. Has anyone been able to source those connectors? Also is the GAP tool required to unlock the sound from the tweeter and mids in the front dash and rear trunk once installed, and how are you connecting the wiring to the amp.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Finally started this project today. I have the base system and installed the 12 speaker amp and sub today. Already a huge difference, next is upgrade the door speakers and add the mids. Is it worth it to upgrade all the way to the high end speakers or will the mid range ones suffice because of the amp I chose to go with?

Anyone know what this fitting is for. It was found under the drivers seat (L side) in-line with the amp but closer to the center console.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
85 Posts
Are the door woofers directional? Just bought a set and they are labeled right front/right rear, etc. Does it matter?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport
21 Posts
Firescrap - that looks to me like the WhiteFire wireless headphones connector. Is the same socket on your amp populated?

·
Registered
2016 Range Rover Sport
21 Posts
So I’m doing a Base 8 to Premium 16 upgrade and have all I need and have built all the harnesses for the dash, trunk speakers and sub etc. I have NO pre wires in mine, all these basically come off the blue connector to the amp, connector C3ME22E which doesn’t exist in mine.

My problem now is wiring the front door mids as the wiring diagram says the amp connects from C3ME22E direct to the A pillar door harness connector. This means that not only do I not have the pins that Hyabrad retrofitted to the door side of the connector, but I also don’t have the counterpart receptacle pins in the socket on the A pillar.

Does anyone know where I can get those ore-terminated leads?

121 - 140 of 182 Posts