RangeRovers.net Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
hiyabrad used them and posted good results. I didnt because of the reason I stated before about the speakers being different ohms and I have heard the same set up with the meridian correct speakers so used those. the 2500w amp will fit its longer but there is two bolts a several inches past the end of the other amp and looks like where the other end would go if you have the 2500 watt amp if that makes sense. the main thing would be if the plugs are the same I had a picture of the 2500 watt amp but I couldnt find it but I think the plugs are different.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hiyabrad

please could you post the part numbers of the wires you bought from LR for the mids?
Also does anyone know where in the UK I can get the meridian menu unlocked ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jaguar Land Rover Pre terminated lead part number 418430 to unlock the radio from what I’ve gathered the only way is the gap diagnostic tool which can be ordered online

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know if the 2500w amp connectors are the same as the 1280w amp. If not is there any way to make the 2500w amp fit?
I’m at the point of needing to choose the amp - does anyone know if the connectors are the same on the 2500W as the base system?

Also does anyone know what bolts are needed to bolt the subwoofer down so I can buy them in advance and not get the seat out on both sides to have to steal from the amp side?

Cheers!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very nice looking RRS!

It was easy with the GAP tool. They will tell you exactly what to do.
Hi Hiyabrad,
I used the GAP OBD II tool and with the help of Patrick from GAP I am now able to enter the CCF.
I adjusted some things; amp and audio system. But I don't get the Meridian options on the display. So still the old sound setting including just bass and treble.
Did you get these options working, using the OBD tool?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Polpol33

we’re you able to select meridian in the ccf? What options did audjust or change. I’ve installed everything in mine but haven’t done the gap tool yet

·
Registered
13 Posts
did you install the premium amp with the yellow sticker? There is an amp that looks just like the ones in these trucks but has a blue premium sticker and those are a Harmon Kardon

·
Registered
24 Posts
Polpol33

we’re you able to select meridian in the ccf? What options did audjust or change. I’ve installed everything in mine but haven’t done the gap tool yet
Does sound come out of all speakers?

If so, I presume its Just the “clever” options and fine tuning you don’t have yet until CCF done?

cheers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does sound come out of all speakers?

If so, I presume its Just the “clever” options and fine tuning you don’t have yet until CCF done?

cheers

Hi,

I used Hiyabrads tutorial. I replaced the amp with a DX23-19C164-BA Premium 16. Plug and Play. I installed a Focal Access 165AS3 160W 3 way compo speaker set in the front doors.
I did not place the rear shelf and front dash speakers.
All speakers work!

Yesterday I installed the subwoofer under the passenger seat (all connecters are there, so plug and play). That was what I was waiting for!! Now it sounds great!

Adjusting the CCF with the OBD tool was complicated. Patrick from the GAP helpdesk granted me access to the complete CCF menu because in the base menu I could not find an option to change the settings (from base audio) to Meridian. The extended, full menu however is realy extended. So I changed some settings and the sound improved. But... I still have the old treble/bass settings on the display of the car. I would really like the Meriadian settings so I can adjust, for example, the subwoofer output.
Work in progress... If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi,

I used Hiyabrads tutorial. I replaced the amp with a DX23-19C164-BA Premium 16. Plug and Play. I installed a Focal Access 165AS3 160W 3 way compo speaker set in the front doors.
All speakers work!

Yesterday I installed the subwoofer under the passenger seat (all connecters are there, so plug and play). That was what I was waiting for!! Now it sounds great!

Adjusting the CCF with the OBD tool was complicated. Patrick from the GAP helpdesk granted me access to the complete CCF menu because in the base menu I could not find an option to change the settings (from base audio) to Meridian. The extended, full menu however is realy extended. So I changed some settings and the sound improved. But... I still have the old treble/bass settings on the display of the car. I would really like the Meriadian settings so I can adjust, for example, the subwoofer output.
Great stuff

I have the same amp to go in, 4 signature bass speakers for the doors, 7 mids and 7 tweeters plus the subwoofer.

Before doing the CCF edit did the new speakers sound good and it was tweaking that the CCF edit allowed.

just wondering if spending the £500 on the GAP tool is worth it?

cheers

paul

·
Registered
24 Posts
PS I’m probably not going to do the dash mid and tweeter as I don’t fancy taking the dash off, but will do the rear shelf mids and tweeters as part of the 7 mids/tweeters I have

Hiyabrad was my inspiration too 😁

👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
You don't have to take the dash off to install the center the grille pops off. I ran mine towards the left side a there was an small opening I dropped the wires down there it's about 18 to 24" or so from the center of the dash. Doing it that way you will not have to remove the radio or anything. In the us the driver side is the left so there is not a lot on this side. I have a 18" long led work light I laid on the dash and looked from the underside to find where to get the wires up. As for the sound mine sounds great . I installed the center rear shelf speakers etc. I still need to get the gap tool as well. So after the changes you made with the gap tool it there was an improvement in the sound. Was gap able to give any insight on why it didn't change to meridian

·
Registered
24 Posts
You don't have to take the dash off to install the center the grille pops off. I ran mine towards the left side a there was an small opening I dropped the wires down there it's about 18 to 24" or so from the center of the dash. Doing it that way you will not have to remove the radio or anything. In the us the driver side is the left so there is not a lot on this side. I have a 18" long led work light I laid on the dash and looked from the underside to find where to get the wires up. As for the sound mine sounds great . I installed the center rear shelf speakers etc. I still need to get the gap tool as well. So after the changes you made with the gap tool it there was an improvement in the sound. Was gap able to give any insight on why it didn't change to meridian
Good info. So did you run fresh speaker cable all the way from the dash centre mid and tweeter and splice to the amp wiring somehow?

thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good info. So did you run fresh speaker cable all the way from the dash centre mid and tweeter and splice to the amp wiring somehow?

thanks
Yes I did run new wires for the mid and tweeter in the dash and connected them directly to the amp. If I would have had more time I would have looked for the factory plug for them I looked as best as I could around the speakers location and didn't see them I bet there below the dash somewhere I find it hard to believe the car is wired every where but there

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi,

All speakers work!

Any update on getting the meridian settings to work using the gap Diagnostic tool

101 - 115 of 115 Posts