RangeRovers.net Forum banner

41 - 60 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
hello all! After reading this thread, I decided to upgrade my base system in my 2014 HSE. Picked up the amp dropped it in this afternoon and wow with just the 825w amp
it already sounds much better, but now my Parking sensors have no sound? Im assuming thats because i need the mids in the front doors? not interested in splicing wires just wanted to upgrade the
existing speakers so i figured i would just get the better speakers and replace whats there.
Yes, you need the mids in the front doors for parking sensors and good quality bluetooth cellphone sound,

·
Registered
7 Posts
So today i did a little more investigating on my 2015 MY16. I have none of the additional wiring. In fact i dont even have the second blue plug that powers the front mids, subs, dash and rear fill speakers. Makes things a little more complicated...

·
Registered
7 Posts
The first part of my upgrade I replaced the 6.5" with the 8" and 3.5" speakers in the rear doors.
FYI, running off the base amp it sounds no better at all.
Waiting for my new amp to arrive and will have to wire up all additional speakers as my car is not pre-wired.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would love to add just the sub and 825 amp to my 2015 RR Sport base stereo system. Anyone familiar with which amp I need to upgrade to? There are way too many product numbers. I attached a pic of my current amp. Thank you ahead of time.

IMG_3259.jpg

·
Registered
28 Posts
hello all! After reading this thread, I decided to upgrade my base system in my 2014 HSE. Picked up the amp dropped it in this afternoon and wow with just the 825w amp
it already sounds much better, but now my Parking sensors have no sound? Im assuming thats because i need the mids in the front doors? not interested in splicing wires just wanted to upgrade the
existing speakers so i figured i would just get the better speakers and replace whats there.
Do you recall what amp you upgraded to? I want to add the upgraded sub/amp to get better sound but there are so many different model numbers out there. I currently have amp EW93-19C164-CB

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Do you recall what amp you upgraded to? I want to add the upgraded sub/amp to get better sound but there are so many different model numbers out there. I currently have amp EW93-19C164-CB
Is there a reason why you wouldn't use the amp I used?

"For the amp, I bought a used one one on eBay - BJ32-19C164-BF"

Something to consider: You are going to have issues with your bluetooth audio, etc., if you do not install the
mids in the front doors. If you don't use bluetooth than go for it. If you do use it, you will not be happy with the outcome, IMHO.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Is there a reason why you wouldn't use the amp I used?

"For the amp, I bought a used one one on eBay - BJ32-19C164-BF"

Something to consider: You are going to have issues with your bluetooth audio, etc., if you do not install the
mids in the front doors. If you don't use bluetooth than go for it. If you do use it, you will not be happy with the outcome, IMHO.

Thanks Hiyabrad, I will definitely add the mids in the front door, thanks for all your hard work on this thread BTW. As far as the amp goes, I am trying to get a better understanding what the differences are between the many model numbers and buy one that is somewhat compatible with my model package.

Thank you again!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I too have bought the IID BT tool. Are you able to provide some guidance on the steps to unlocking the Meridian Sound options? Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
My first message on here. Just bought a HSE Dynamic 2014 with base system. Also about to do an upgrade. I've been following you Hiyabrad and am looking to do the same thing. So I'm going to buy 7x LR033292, 7x LR033293 and 4x LR047119. All the speakers will cost a total of £998. I've bought the amp BJ32-19C164-BF. Shall I get the subwoofer LR035187 for £199 or do you recommend an aftermarket one to go in the rear boot panel with a separate amp to power it??

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
HI and welcome to the site! My personal recommendation is to go with the factory correct sub so this way the system is fully integrated.

My first message on here. Just bought a HSE Dynamic 2014 with base system. Also about to do an upgrade. I've been following you Hiyabrad and am looking to do the same thing. So I'm going to buy 7x LR033292, 7x LR033293 and 4x LR047119. All the speakers will cost a total of £998. I've bought the amp BJ32-19C164-BF. Shall I get the subwoofer LR035187 for £199 or do you recommend an aftermarket one to go in the rear boot panel with a separate amp to power it??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great thanks. Theres an amp part number CPLA18808CA. Some people are saying this is the same amp as the LR035187, just a different part number because it's a Jaguar. Can you shed any light on it??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok guys. So just a few alternative part numbers for you.
So the Meridian signature premium range speakers go under two part codes, one for LR and one for Jag. Same products. I found out the expensive way after I spent £998 using LR part numbers. Could have got them cheaper. Anyway, here they are:

Tweeters: LR033292 or CPLA-18808-HA
Mid Range: LR033293 OR CPLA-18808-
Bass: LR047119 oR CPLA-18808-FB

·
Registered
113 Posts
went aftermarket with an Audison https://www.audison.eu/products/ap8-9-bit/ amplifier. Shop also replaced the speakers. The great option for the Audison is the ability to tune individual frequencies. All in all, much better than the Meridian system in my opinion and getting on to what the really high end Burmeister system in the Porsche sounds like. (I have an amp that has a bad front left channel if anyone is interested, will let that go for much less than a new one. Told it needs about $200 in repairs)

41 - 60 of 104 Posts