Range Rovers Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you want to quick check if it's the 8 speaker system, just look closely with a torch inside the mid speaker round grill in the door panels, if there's no speaker visible, it means the car has just 2 speakers per door (bass and Twitter)
Screenshot_20210430_071456.jpg
, so it's the 8 system

·
Registered
RangeRover Sport 2020 P400 HSE
6 Posts
If you want to quick check if it's the 8 speaker system, just look closely with a torch inside the mid speaker round grill in the door panels, if there's no speaker visible, it means the car has just 2 speakers per door (bass and Twitter) View attachment 293879 , so it's the 8 system
Hi Sebastian , yes this is what is confusing me. There are no mid's in the doors, so I have been working on the assumption that it is the 8 way system. Its only when I found the sub in the boot ( which after probing with a multimeter ) is connected to something, that I remebered an off hand comment from the LR workshop supervisor that the 2020 RRS base system has 9 speakers.

Ive gone back to him to clarify for me. ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting.. My rrs is 2015 hse, probably back then the base system had really just 2 speakers each door, while now they added that "sub" in the trunk, and probably a mid in the center oof dashboard
Screenshot_20210430_134338_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
these are indeed base speakers, so I assume your system is the same and looks like this...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting.. My rrs is 2015 hse, probably back then the base system had really just 2 speakers each door, while now they added that "sub" in the trunk, and probably a mid in the center oof dashboard View attachment 293888 these are indeed base speakers, so I assume your system is the same and looks like this...
How do you get the dash grill off, and Ill take a look ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok , update , still waiting on JLR and the dealer to come back to me , but I have popped the grill off the middle of the dashboard and there is indeed a speaker in there. So it would seem that my basic "Enhanced Audio" system has 4 bass speakers , 4 tweeters..( a pair in each door ) , a sub in the trunk and a mid range speaker in the dash. Both the sub and the mid range speakers dont work .

Lets see if I can get them switched on !

201 - 208 of 208 Posts