Range Rovers Forum banner

201 - 212 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you want to quick check if it's the 8 speaker system, just look closely with a torch inside the mid speaker round grill in the door panels, if there's no speaker visible, it means the car has just 2 speakers per door (bass and Twitter)
Screenshot_20210430_071456.jpg
, so it's the 8 system

·
Registered
RangeRover Sport 2020 P400 HSE
12 Posts
If you want to quick check if it's the 8 speaker system, just look closely with a torch inside the mid speaker round grill in the door panels, if there's no speaker visible, it means the car has just 2 speakers per door (bass and Twitter) View attachment 293879 , so it's the 8 system
Hi Sebastian , yes this is what is confusing me. There are no mid's in the doors, so I have been working on the assumption that it is the 8 way system. Its only when I found the sub in the boot ( which after probing with a multimeter ) is connected to something, that I remebered an off hand comment from the LR workshop supervisor that the 2020 RRS base system has 9 speakers.

Ive gone back to him to clarify for me. ...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Interesting.. My rrs is 2015 hse, probably back then the base system had really just 2 speakers each door, while now they added that "sub" in the trunk, and probably a mid in the center oof dashboard
Screenshot_20210430_134338_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
these are indeed base speakers, so I assume your system is the same and looks like this...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Interesting.. My rrs is 2015 hse, probably back then the base system had really just 2 speakers each door, while now they added that "sub" in the trunk, and probably a mid in the center oof dashboard View attachment 293888 these are indeed base speakers, so I assume your system is the same and looks like this...
How do you get the dash grill off, and Ill take a look ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok , update , still waiting on JLR and the dealer to come back to me , but I have popped the grill off the middle of the dashboard and there is indeed a speaker in there. So it would seem that my basic "Enhanced Audio" system has 4 bass speakers , 4 tweeters..( a pair in each door ) , a sub in the trunk and a mid range speaker in the dash. Both the sub and the mid range speakers dont work .

Lets see if I can get them switched on !

·
Registered
L405 SDV8
2 Posts
Have read this information in full about 5 times as i am in the middle of upgrading the system in my range rover and its been a huge help,i thought i had the basic 8 but found out i had the 12 speakers and the 2 plugs in my amp so made the process a lot easier, i have changed all the speakers in the doors to signature speakers and found the wireing in place in the load area so have found some new trim with speaker covers in, there was no speakers or wires in the top of the dash and i new they had to be somewhere as the wires are at the amp end, after endless serching around the area where the speakers go in the dash i gave up and did some more searching on the net and came across i wiring diagram that shows the speaker wires end at a connector somewhere to the right of the hifi touch screen, after endless serching i found a large white conector behind the drivers side touch pad with 11 wires going in and only 3 coming out which carried on upto the solar sensor ontop of the dash so landrover made 2 different conector cables one for cars without the dash speakers and one for cars with but i suppose all those pennies add up. So for anyone who has the 2 plugs in there current amp thats where you can find the wires for the dash speakers.The plug is an absolute pig to get to as its attached to the back of the plastic frame that supports the dash and is very difficult to move as there is no excess wiring but in the end i managed to remove the 8 speaker wires from the plug and extend them upto where the dash speakers are now installed and all is connected up but unfortunaly no sound from the center speaker yet as i have to update the ccf files.
I have the gap iid tool but was hoping someone could tell me the stages to go through to update to the premium surround sound upgrade.

·
Registered
L405 SDV8
2 Posts

I did not take any pictures but the 2 white dots on the left of this pictures are the pegs on the back of the plug containing the speaker wires .

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok , update , still waiting on JLR and the dealer to come back to me , but I have popped the grill off the middle of the dashboard and there is indeed a speaker in there. So it would seem that my basic "Enhanced Audio" system has 4 bass speakers , 4 tweeters..( a pair in each door ) , a sub in the trunk and a mid range speaker in the dash. Both the sub and the mid range speakers dont work .

Lets see if I can get them switched on !
OK the RRS has been in the dealer today for a whole host of niggles which I hope they have fixed with a GWM update. While it was in I asked them to get the rear sub and the mid ( in the dash ) working.

After a lot of calls to JLR I can now confrm that the audio system is infact an 8 speaker 250W one. The mid in the dash is for Telematics ( nothing to do with the audio ) , and get this....the sub in the boot is some form of noise cancelling system they have installed to cancel out road noise. This is completely new to me, but the dealer says it is really "old school tech".

So there you are ..

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK the RRS has been in the dealer today for a whole host of niggles which I hope they have fixed with a GWM update. While it was in I asked them to get the rear sub and the mid ( in the dash ) working.

After a lot of calls to JLR I can now confrm that the audio system is infact an 8 speaker 250W one. The mid in the dash is for Telematics ( nothing to do with the audio ) , and get this....the sub in the boot is some form of noise cancelling system they have installed to cancel out road noise. This is completely new to me, but the dealer says it is really "old school tech".

So there you are ..
Just to finally close this off, here is the official answer from JLR customer services. Pretty good explanation I think. Well done JLR:

"The subwoofer is installed to support Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH) features. In this instance it's a feature called Engine Order Cancellation (reduces boominess in the cabin from the powertrain). We don't advertise that feature to customers on D7u as it's more for hygiene purposes.

On Meridian systems we use the subwoofer that's already installed for both Audio & Active NVH, however on the base audio system on some powertrains we deliberately add a subwoofer that is NOT used for audio, just to support NVH."

201 - 212 of 212 Posts