RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's 2008 RRS had a flat -- all necessary tools and spare available with the Rover.
So out of morbid curiosity, I checked my 2014 RRS. I never had a flat in it, so forgot that since I have 3d row seats, my vehicle did NOT come with a spare tire ... but is suppose to come with sealant and a compressor to inflate the sealant into the flat tire.

Found the sealant, but I can not find a compressor. Can anyone attach a pic of what it looks like and where it is found?
(assuming now someone jacked it!) THANKS!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From an internet search, it looks like a 'Continental Mobility Kit - Tire sealant' compressor.
Can anyone confirm? Where is it stored on the RRS?

·
Registered
273 Posts
The only compressor I know of is the one that runs the Air Suspension and it sits right underneath the spare tire in the spare well. I don't know if you can use it or not to inflate a low tire. I have a stand alone unit I keep back there that will crank a dead battery and has a compressor built into it as well because I park in a parking deck at work and if I have a flat or a dead battery I'm on my own. It's made by "Stanley", you charge it overnight and it's a potent piece of kit... it has saved me once already with my wife's Jeep battery dying...

Reactions: markjeansonn

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks ham hands. I have the 3d row seat, do you have that? B/c of the 3d row, and tow package, the spare tire is eliminated in my 2014, and they instead supply it with a bottle of tire sealant, and a Continental Mobility Kit (which is a small compressor that you plug into a 12v receptacle on the vehicle). I ordered one off ebay; I found where it fits in the trunk of my 2014 RRS. Unfortunately, the original was stolen out of my vehicle.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Ahhhhhh, that explains it... I can see why you'd be worried about sealant and a good compressor for sure!

No, I don't have the third row seat. Only midgets could fit back there I presume from the available seating space and our 90lb German Shepherd has a hard enough time keeping herself in the cargo area as is, hahaha! When you "stow" the 3rd row seats up and out of the way can you actually get to the spare tire well "hinge door" area... I know you said the tow package and 3rd row seats make having a spare impossible and I believe you. You should be able to stow your new purchased compressor in the area where your on-board-air compressor is and where the spare would go... if there were room for a spare. I don't have either the tow package or 3rd row so I'm looking at a way to stow the full sized "Stormer 22" rim and tire" I bought in the spare well/hold instead of tying it down to the 4 tether loops and letting it ride atop the hinge door covering the spare tire area. I know in later models they come with the matching 5th spare and store it underneath there but they must somehow move the compressor to a safe and out of the way spot to be mounted. I need a pic request or two of a 17' or latter to see how Land Rover resolved that problem. Because the spare doughnut is near worthless rated for 45mph top speed and for 50 miles max distance both on and off-road. I store my portable compressor in the little dug out area on the passenger side rear where I presume a sub-woofer would go. I have the 22 speaker Meridian Sound according to my build sheet but no sub but who knows as I'm not the first owner.

I'd carry a couple bottle of sealant if I were you brother just to be sure! Good luck and stay safe!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts