RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Good Evening. I just purchased a 2014 RRS SC, and of course the first thing I try when I get home is to program my garage door opener to the Homelink. No Dice.

The garage door opener is a SOMMER, 310MHz.

I've followed the directions from SOMMER's website with no luck, and I've followed the Instructions in the Owners Manual, with no luck as well. My previous 2 RRS, i was able to get programmed, SOMEHOW (I do not remember how I got it to work), but this is a pain.

Any suggestions / help?

I've followed the instructions on clearing the codes from the Homelink too (and there are 2 different sets of instructions!)

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
The only direction your need are from homelink, not your garage door company. To clear previous codes you press and hold button 1&3 until the LED flashes.

1. For first time training, press and hold the two outer HomeLink® buttons, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light begins to flash, which may take up to 20 seconds. (Do not perform this step when training the additional HomeLink buttons.)
  2. Position the hand-held transmitter 1-3 inches away from the HomeLink surface, keeping the HomeLink indicator light in view.
  3. Using both hands, simultaneously press and hold the desired HomeLink button and hand-held transmitter button. DO NOT release until the HomeLink indicator light flashes slowly and then rapidly. When the indicator light flashes rapidly, both buttons may be released. (The rapid flashing indicates successful training.)
  4. Press and hold the trained HomeLink button and observe the indicator light.
    • If the indicator light is solid/continuous, training is complete and your device should activate when the HomeLink button is pressed and released.
    • If the indicator light blinks rapidly for 2 seconds and then turns a solid/continuous light, proceed with Steps 5-7 for a rolling code device. A second person may make the following steps easier. Please use a ladder or other device. Do not stand on your vehicle to perform the next steps.
  5. At the receiver (motorhead unit) in the garage, locate the "learn" or "smart" button (usually near where the hanging antenna wire is attached to the unit). If there is difficulty locating the button, reference the garage door owner's manual.
  6. Press and release the "learn" or "smart" button (the name and color of the button may vary by manufacturer). NOTE: Once the button is pressed, you have approximately 30 seconds to initiate the next step.
  7. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the trained HomeLink button for two seconds and release. Repeat the "press/hold/release" sequence up to 3 times to complete the training process.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
It is very rare to need a repeater with any generation Homelink. With the above direction I can pair even brand new openers with old p38s, Cadillacs from the 80's and mom's old 2003 300m. On the flip side I have buddy that drives up in his 2015 405 diesel from Charlotte twice a year and his Homelink paired instantly with my 1984 Craftsman 3/4hp opener... it has the early rolling code system. Home link has always been backwards compatible with any opener.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello All,

I've had this garage door opener for quite some time. This is RRS #3 I've paired it to.........

After 4 hours, I finally gave up and called HomeLink Support (pretty awesome they were). The issue is that the "usual" instructions are WRONG(The ones in the manual and the ones on HomeLink's own website). They are WRONG when you are attempting to pair a SOMMER garage door opener (Made in Germany....so that could explain some things......). It "may" be the case with other openers as well. If you have a SOMMER opener, that one HAS to be paired FIRST...and here is the process:

1. Hold Buttons 1&3 until they flash (clears out all codes)
2. Hold Buttons 1/2/3 TOGETHER until they flash (apparently they are calling this "SOMMER" mode)
3. Run to the Garage Door Opener, and put it in LEARN mode.....apparently you only have 10 seconds to do this.......
4. Press the button you want to program on the HomeLink for 2 seconds (do this 3x)

Poof.....my garage door opens.......any of the instructions that say you need a physical remote to program/pair with HomeLink.......apparently are BS with this manufacturer of GDO.

Like I said, apparently its important to program/pair a SOMMER first, because if you don't, you end up wiping out any other codes.

Thanks to ALL!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts