·
Registered
282 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2014 RRS Online Configurator with options/pricing is live

Scratch that - they seem to have removed pricing. I still have an open window that has full pricing, but when I open a new session - poof, gone.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Well, I see lots of wheel options on the base, including still a 19" option. But I also see that the RRS has turned a corner of some kind - no low range in standard form, just as an option. I guess thats better than none at all, and I also guess that only 0.5% of owners have ever used low range on their Sport.

Overall I like it, but I would be much more tempted when they bring over (finally) the turbo diesels.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

The link was entirely blank for me, so I didn't get to see it...
But from what I know, the starting price is around $63,500 for an SE, formally known as the HSE, and the Autobiography starts at around $93,300, which is around $5000 more than the 2013 yeah? both include approx. $900 delivery.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts

there is actually a SE which is a base model and the only model with 3rd row seats, HSE, S/C and ATB.

·
Premium Member
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
905 Posts

The link was entirely blank for me, so I didn't get to see it...
But from what I know, the starting price is around $63,500 for an SE, formally known as the HSE, and the Autobiography starts at around $93,300, which is around $5000 more than the 2013 yeah? both include approx. $900 delivery.
Ah no the SE is not the same as the HSE. The HSE still extists and judging by the standard features last years HSE and the new body style HSE appear to have the same option packages.

The SE doesn't have sunroof, heated windshield, heated steering wheel and a bunch of others I am sure. The SE is simply a new lower priced base model.

I only see the SE being close to the HSE of last year based on price and nothing else.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
236 Posts

No regular V-8??? Only a S/C V-8 and a S/C V-6??? YUCK.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts

Don't forget the car has lost nearly 1000 lbs in the process. The Supercharged V6 will likely outperform the outgoing platform's normally aspirated V8., the weight reduction is far greater than the lost horsepower of the smaller new engine.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
976 Posts

Don't forget the car has lost nearly 1000 lbs in the process. The Supercharged V6 will likely outperform the outgoing platform's normally aspirated V8., the weight reduction is far greater than the lost horsepower of the smaller new engine.
It does outperform the N/A V8 by .03 seconds to 60, coming in at 6.9 seconds.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,966 Posts

that is 0-60 only then after that it falls flat? I'm sure it is the number they want to show! how about the 50-80 acceleration? 0-100? torque is definitely less. overworked engine equals less longevity.

·
Registered
405 Posts

In configuration, there is an "Extra Heavy Duty" option that adds a "high/low range". That is how they lowered the weight by so much however a Range Rover Sport without a low range is not good IMO.:naughty:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

The two range xfer case only adds 18 kilos to the gross weight, so that's not how they kept the weight down... Although they probably kept costs down.

·
Registered
258 Posts

If you want third-row, you lose the spare… that's a bad trade-off.

And the personalized thread plates… good luck selling your car!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,966 Posts

I guess it answers my question if the current RRS have torque vectoring in the rear half axles. I guess it doesn't since they are just coming out with it on the 2014 V8 S/C. terrain 2 as well active dynamics are also only available to the V8 sibling. maybe on the redesign when they chopped off the rear hatch/back of the 2014 RRS will they add more equipment to the HSE?

·
Registered
35 Posts

I am sorting thru the new features in the brochure and the build site. One thing I am confused about: does the entertainment system have a hard disk that you can download mp3's to? The brochure refers to an "audio disk" but doesn't give any details. And the brochure refers to a hard drive for the nav system, but not for the entertainment system. Does anyone have more info on this?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts

It's probably like the 2012-13s. A partition of the HDD that's also used for navigation data is dedicated to store music CDs (not MP3s) from the single CD drive in the head unit. AFAIK, the discs are uploaded in uncompressed format and you can load up to 10 of them, which the infotainment system catalogs using the GraceNote database and labels as "CD changer."

·
Registered
101 Posts

Is configurator going to be for US sales as well? What I used to like about LR and the purchase of my RRS was that there were limited options and everything was included. Very much unlike my Porsche. When you add options the price skyrockets. Homelink as an option now? Really? Memory Seats an option? Really? Are we Porsche now?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts