RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All , My 2014 RR supercharged v8 encounter a problem last night after i filled up gas from a different gas station ( 93 octane) , Right after i started up the car i heard a cling noise when i put it in drive , then i tried to accelerate it feels like the supercharger is not working , no power from 2RPM to 4RPM. The only check engine light i have is coolant low , which just turned on about a day ago. I wonder if anyone else had this issue before? Thanks. Cars not feeling fun no more need help:oops:

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
The gs station is a coincidence, why is the coolant light on???????????? this is your problem the light comes on for a reason. If you do not have proper coolant flowing your engine will try to save itself by cutting power. Coolant needs to flow through the supercharger for it to continue to function. The engine will most likely leave the bypass open and you will not get any increased intake pressure to provide the power you are expecting

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The gs station is a coincidence, why is the coolant light on???????????? this is your problem the light comes on for a reason. If you do not have proper coolant flowing your engine will try to save itself by cutting power. Coolant needs to flow through the supercharger for it to continue to function. The engine will most likely leave the bypass open and you will not get any increased intake pressure to provide the power you are expecting
I poured half a bottle in the problem is taken care of. I had half a tank of the "bad gas". Used it all up and now i went to a different gas station , and it feels a little better.. so im not sure if its the coolant reached to the supercharger or the gas..?

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
I poured half a bottle in the problem is taken care of. I had half a tank of the "bad gas". Used it all up and now i went to a different gas station , and it feels a little better.. so im not sure if its the coolant reached to the supercharger or the gas..?
if it were was bad gas it would have stumbled at idel or if not you would have felt more of a hesitation or stumble on acceleration.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
360 Posts
I would also use a bottle of Injector Cleaner to clear up any remaining contaminants.

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
if it were was bad gas it would have stumbled at idel or if not you would have felt more of a hesitation or stumble on acceleration.
Not necessarily. The internal sensors are pretty sensitive, they intervene when they decide the gas is not great, even though the combustion might sound perfectly normal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would also use a bottle of Injector Cleaner to clear up any remaining contaminants.
After i refilled the coolant it took about 1-2 days (100 miles) for it go back to normal , but still feel like a little power lost. What Brand injector cleaner do you recommend?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
360 Posts
not sure what brand you get in the US, but anything from a reputable brand like Bosch, Miller's, Mobil1, should do

1 - 9 of 9 Posts