RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2014 FFRR Autobiography with the full trailer package factory installed. Looking to tow a house trailer which is all within the towing specs of the truck.

I have been googling like crazy to try and find out if I need to install a trailer brake controller in my truck, but cannot find a definitive answer. All I have been able to find is one comment that the Range Rover braking system manages the trailer brakes automatically through the vehicle system when you plug in the trailer. This was just a 2 second comment in a video of a new FFRR LWB towing a 7,000 lb trailer during a test of the RR towing capabilities.

Has anyone towed with their FFRR that can give me some feedback on this, or any techs with definitive knowledge on the issue?

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
Hi, I have a 2014 FFRR Autobiography with the full trailer package factory installed. Looking to tow a house trailer which is all within the towing specs of the truck.

I have been googling like crazy to try and find out if I need to install a trailer brake controller in my truck, but cannot find a definitive answer. All I have been able to find is one comment that the Range Rover braking system manages the trailer brakes automatically through the vehicle system when you plug in the trailer. This was just a 2 second comment in a video of a new FFRR LWB towing a 7,000 lb trailer during a test of the RR towing capabilities.

Has anyone towed with their FFRR that can give me some feedback on this, or any techs with definitive knowledge on the issue?

Thanks for any assistance.

Regards,
Wayne
Yes you need to install a brake controller to use trailer brakes. There’s a spot to plug it in under your dash.

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover MkIV / L405
14 Posts
This is my first post and I signed up looking for towing info as I have a 2015 SWB SC. I added all of my towing equipment (hitch receiver and wiring) after market because it didn’t have the factory towing package. Sushsean is correct that the brake controller wiring sits under the dashboard. I had mine wired/installed under the left side of the dashboard and mounted there. It was a quick connect that when not in use I disconnected and stored. You definitely need a brake controller to manage the brakes on the trailer. I tow an enclosed race car trailer and toggle the settings based on load. I’m picking up a 2019 on Tuesday and it doesn’t have the towing package so I’m about to install the hitch receiver/wiring and brake controller...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts