Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disclaimer- I have had at least twenty Rover products since 1990, as such I have a pretty high tolerance for things not being completely squared away. Also, this is the finest vehicle I have ever owned.

1. Throttle is jumpy...there is not a smooth delivery of power throughout the power band, in particular at low speed.

2. Eco-Drive can go to hell...it should be made able to be switched off FOREVER, not each cycle of the ignition. Furthermore, if you are a person who listens to the stereo, you will make yourself crazy as you come home and insert the Rover in the garage. I find myself reaching up to turn the vehicle off just to restart it as Eco-Drive has already turned it off. This is retarded...again not a problem if you do not listen to the stereo or make any other noises...or talk to people... My 2013 911 has this and you are able to turn it off FOREVER if you like..this is too complex for Rover, or more likely it's legal team.

3. The sat radio has a favorites button that allows you to store fav songs etc. Cool feature until the system alerts you to the song at approximately 9000 decibels. I almost ran off the road it was so loud. I adjusted what I believe controls the volume of this alert which is under the system volume settings. It only allows me to turn it down to 12, which is the equivalent of a .45 being shot directly next to your ear. Please advise if that is not the correct area to adjust the alert volume. I formally alerted Rover of this issue on my '13 and they insisted it was a none issue.

Thanks.

S

·
Registered
306 Posts
Your list is not so bad. #1. Concerns me as my wife will be the primary driver. 2. The eco drive thing has been thoroughly discussed and debated. I hope its just one of those things we will get used to. 3. I'm not familiar with this issue.

Is your model a V8 0r V6 SC?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had something similar on the stereo volume...each time I would start the car up, volume would be turned up to highest volume which would literally shock the heck out of you. Wife thought I was rockin out and cranking up the tunes and actually brow beat me about it. I cracked up and said it's happening to me as well. Brought it into dealer and they fixed it.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
770 Posts
I am only a candidate for issue 1, as the other isses do not affect my build (I dont have eco-drive due to it not being available in my market, and the same for sat radio)...

Coming from a 2005 HSE, the Supercharged (mine is a 2014 AB SC) can seem to be a bit jumpy... but I remember I felt the same when I had the 2010 SC... I believe firmly its a question of getting used to the car and getting used to the power delivery at different speeds.

It isnt really an inconsistance in behaviour, it is just a lot of power, and if you press down a bit heavier than usual she will get the full might of the engine... If your behaves erratically then I'd check it out, but in my case its consistant and I've become much more used to it, although occasionally on inclines (going up), I still "over accelerate" slightly, but it doesnt feel at all like a problem...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Seems like a short list (lucky you) - here's mine:

1. tailgate doesn't maintain desired opening height to where I had to starting backing it in so I didn't have to grab it before it hit my garage door opener
2. rear pass door never soft closes and after failed soft close wouldn't close at all unless you unlock the car again
3. driver's side tweeter in the door rattles
4. drink holder slider doesn't stay open
5. drink holder rubber grabber thingys always latch on to cups and pull out of console
6. top glove box is a completely useless as a glove box as it doesn't open, stay open or shut in a convenient way
7. eco mode is horrendous as noted in multiple posts
8. Bluetooth hooks up maybe 80% of the time - 20% requires finding my iphone 5s
9. luggage cover is so difficult to remove and install to where I just left it as is
10. car has strange vibration/shutter when above 80mph
11. tire road noise is the loudest I've ever heard in my entire life and I used to drive a 1 ton dually with 6 37x12" mud tires
12. any sort of road imperfection emits a large thunk from the front suspension
13. car doesn't stay in manual mode after like 3 seconds of no paddle shifting
14. sunroof doesn't one-touch close all the way
15. 510hp engine note gives absolutely no aural pleasure
16. carpeted floormats aren't very durable - poor wear after 4k miles
17. if I get out of my seatbelt to get out my wallet or to reach into the mailbox or whatever, the stupid eco mode shuts off the car
18. infotainment is pretty slow and unintuitive
19. auto dim/high beams works properly about 1/4 of the time - usually just turn it off
20. lot of plastic on the exterior for a $110k car
21. takes about 7 minutes for seat heat/ac to get up to speed - Sierra Denali takes about 2
22. extreme brake dust buildup
23. console doesn't shut when iphone is in iphone slot due to the taller 2nd gen Apple charge cord
24. not sure what sport mode does, if it holds higher revs, it doesn't do it for long
25. seat heat/ac are very loud and the massagers are even louder - plus they gave me heartburn
26. AC musty smell everyone else complains about
27. my wife thinks it looks like a Ford Exploder - and I have to be honest, I saw an Exploder about 10 cars ahead of me at a light and I thought it was a new RR until I got a closer look
28. my wife literally hated driving it due to the wavy lines in the windshield - it didn't bother me one bit, but she said it impaired her night vision

Lot of ticky-tacky items on my list, but in the aggregate, they were enough for me to sell my MY14 SC off after 5 months and 4,500 miles. I made some money on it (a lot of money) which made the decision a no brainer, but I was a little disappointed in my ownership experience. I knew with a brand new car and it being a LR, it wasn't going to be perfect, but I assumed with all the rave reviews, it was pretty well sorted.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
62 Posts
2. Eco-Drive can go to hell...it should be made able to be switched off FOREVER, not each cycle of the ignition. Furthermore, if you are a person who listens to the stereo, you will make yourself crazy as you come home and insert the Rover in the garage. I find myself reaching up to turn the vehicle off just to restart it as Eco-Drive has already turned it off. This is retarded...again not a problem if you do not listen to the stereo or make any other noises...or talk to people... My 2013 911 has this and you are able to turn it off FOREVER if you like..this is too complex for Rover, or more likely it's legal team.
... and as I understand it, the "turn off" button is going away in the future (i.e. you won't be able to turn off ECO mode at all).

Hmmmm, yet another bad review of ECO mode. Becoming less sure about ordering a new 2014.5. Would LOVE the LWB model tho.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hilariously said. Okay, I will concede if you want to categorize #2 & #3 as "issues" then yes, I'm having these as well. That said, your description could not be truer. Even though I'm now fully aware of the 9000 decibel song alert, it scares the crap out of me every time! (If it's any consolation, Jaguar is exactly the same.)

As for Eco-start. I'm now fully "conditioned" to switch it off each time I start the vehicle. However a new problem has developed; I keep switching OFF traction control in my other vehicles like some wierd Pavlovian experiment! I keep wanting to turn off something that isn't even part of my other cars!

3. The sat radio has a favorites button that allows you to store fav songs etc. Cool feature until the system alerts you to the song at approximately 9000 decibels. I almost ran off the road it was so loud. I adjusted what I believe controls the volume of this alert which is under the system volume settings. It only allows me to turn it down to 12, which is the equivalent of a .45 being shot directly next to your ear. Please advise if that is not the correct area to adjust the alert volume. I formally alerted Rover of this issue on my '13 and they insisted it was a none issue.

S

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a RR 2013 but no problems like you guys over there. Looks like we get the ok ones and all that's fails QC shipped to U.S. :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
60 Posts
Don't worry and buy the car- I have the 2014 autobiography- drives smoothly- eco mode is not that much an issue, though the car does turn off sometimes when I'm not quite ready, the a/c smelled and was fixed in one visit and a loaner car- never tried the favorite song option but the sound system is amazing- the top glove compartment door is not great but not dealbreaker- the touch screen works fine and bluetooth usually syncs, if not just press button on touch screen, engine is quiet and I like that, everyone notices the car and comes over and asks about it with no confusion with ford, I was concerned about the car reading some things but couldn't be happier- yes they could make some things better but it is a great ride- the few things that needed work were fixed quickly with a visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
WOW - I agree on most of these issues. Hard to believe that a 115K vehicle would have these issues! Maybe my last RR EVER!

Well - Please talk to me about your comment. I have a full sized RR SC with only 550 miles on her and 2 weeks old. Towed to the nearest dealer yesterday and it will be over 3 weeks to fix it. This is 3rd issue! Great start to a 115K investment, wouldn't you say? I have owned over 300 cars fro Ferarris to Lambos and AM'S. Land Rover needs to improve their quality and customer service!

Must Be the truth!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
201 Posts
Well - Please talk to me about your comment. I have a full sized RR SC with only 550 miles on her and 2 weeks old. Towed to the nearest dealer yesterday and it will be over 3 weeks to fix it. This is 3rd issue! Great start to a 115K investment, wouldn't you say? I have owned over 300 cars fro Ferarris to Lambos and AM'S. Land Rover needs to improve their quality and customer service!
What was the issue that made the tow necessary?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the instructions on turning down the Loud alert on FAV songs! Scares the Crap out of me every time! LOL, Oh well, guess it will keep me alert! Love it otherwise, I guess i've been lucky, Does anyone remember the RR 2003 days...Had a few too many things go on and on with that one, but it was still a beast!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.