RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think we might be the only Sport here again. :? We chose Hell's Revenge today since we knew the trail leader and the kids love him.

Never a need for coffee on the start of the trail.
DSC_0806_zpse264368d.jpg

Gettin' dirty already.
DSC_0807_zpsbdc96c5e.jpg

Up.
DSC_0809_zps977d6db8.jpg

Down.
DSC_0812_zps3ac0c818.jpg

At the lookout.
DSC_0815_zpsaad4b25f.jpg

Coming down from the lookout.
DSC_0817_zpsbdded265.jpg

Color matched wheels.
DSC_0826_zps1dd652c5.jpg

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts
NICE!!! If you get a chance to run Long Canyon/Pucker pass, that's a nice fun with the giant boulder covering the road! While you're there, might as well do the White Rim Trail too!

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NICE!!! If you get a chance to run Long Canyon/Pucker pass, that's a nice fun with the giant boulder covering the road! While you're there, might as well do the White Rim Trail too!
I'm sure the boys would love to play on it!

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Again, knew the trail leader so we signed up for Poison Spider. `)

Gotta pick a good line.

Many technical ascents and descents.

Sloooow and steady.

Hai.

The ol' v-notch.

Up another one, with muddy tires though.

Yah rly.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts
Yeah! Nice shots again! How many Rovers showed up this year to the Rally? More than Leadville?

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very small this year. I don't want to speak for anyone, but there are some club issues that are being worked out as I know it. I believe they are focusing on getting back on track.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Nice pics 3E!! Keep em coming. :thumb:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Very small this year. I don't want to speak for anyone, but there are some club issues that are being worked out as I know it. I believe they are focusing on getting back on track.
Why is it always like that with clubs? Every few years, egos start clashing and the whole thing falls apart... Happened with our small local LR club years ago as well. Too bad.

Great photos as always 3E!

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just a few more from Fins N Things, where it all started 6 years ago thanks to this forum.

Received this shirt for the day. (Trail Leader) `)

The first play area.

Enter the sand bumper.

Just trucking along.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Thanks again for sharing, love that T-shirt! Off to Rover Rendezvous tomorrow morning, alas I'll be flying solo (as always), so don't expect too many photos as I will be busy driving... But I am taking my drone along so will attempt some aerial shots on the trail Sat and Sun.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again for sharing, love that T-shirt! Off to Rover Rendezvous tomorrow morning, alas I'll be flying solo (as always), so don't expect too many photos as I will be busy driving... But I am taking my drone along so will attempt some aerial shots on the trail Sat and Sun.
Awesome! Have a safe trip Umberto.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
340 Posts
Looks like a great time. I love off-roading in these vehicles. I think the general public really misunderstands the bond between owners and their Land Rovers. I think that most owners would love to do this...at least once.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think most owners don't know they want to do this!

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Couple more shots from other folks.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts
Rock it! Looking great!!! Did you get to do the White Rim Trail after all, or at least the Shaeffer switchbacks or Long Canyon/Pucker Pass?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Nice Tres E!

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rock it! Looking great!!! Did you get to do the White Rim Trail after all, or at least the Shaeffer switchbacks or Long Canyon/Pucker Pass?
When I looked at the trail list, I didn't recognize those trails. There was 7-mile Rim, Hell Roaring Rim, things like that but I can't say if they are those or not. Here is a link to the old 2008 Rally - the trail list is at the end - do they look familiar?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts
When I looked at the trail list, I didn't recognize those trails. There was 7-mile Rim, Hell Roaring Rim, things like that but I can't say if they are those or not. Here is a link to the old 2008 Rally - the trail list is at the end - do they look familiar?
I doubt White Rim would have been on the list, as it's a 90 mile 2 day run...was thinking you might have to explore that on your own....it's like driving thru a Clint Eastwood western...absolutely spectacular. Gerald in his LR3 and I in my RRS ran it in 2008 and spent 2 days camping along the way...unforgettable. You can see when you are at the top of Dead Horse point or other higher look outs in Canyonlands. Long Canyon/Pucker pass is a road you take as you are coming into the park, a little past the hieroglyphics on the right hand side and then there's a trail which takes you up to the visitor center where you go thru a wonderful boulder pass...I'll see if I can find some older pics and post them.

·
Premium Member
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sweet! Is that last one Moab? Hairy!

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
That actually looks like the friggin' rock obstacle on Poughkeepsie Gulch, near Ouray (CO). I think I may have taken that picture! :wink: Good times.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts