RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck in to the service department today due to some bad rattling when going over bumps on the left side. After they verified the rattle it was taken in and noticed that there was leaking from the shock absorber. They are going to replace both to ensure they are both okay. I was then told that there was a recall and Land Rover is replacing the existing shock absorbers with a better version. Anyone have any issues with their suspension so far?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Yeah, this recall dates back to August 2014 if am not wrong. Search on the L494 for suspension clunk.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yes I have had the rattle come clunking from new. It is going back in on Monday I will let you know how it goes! Maybe second time lucky!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to wait close to 2 weeks for the parts to be shipped from the UK to New Zealand. So hopefully it's fixed properly the first time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi have been into dealers they carried out replacement of steering rack bolts and washers it is a service bulletin this did not fix the problem they now are going to replace the steering rack.I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After getting the truck back late last week with the dealer replacing both front shock absorbers the rattle is completely gone. It seems to be riding very smooth again. I am pleased with the results.

I was told that my left shock absorber was completely bad and lost all lubricant from inside of it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi has anyone got a link to the recall document pertaining to this, the wife has an australian delivered MY14.5 vogue, and it has the loose/rattle feeling coming through the steering wheel on certain type of roads especially going over expansion joints.

Thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi all I got the rig back after they replaced the steering rack guess what? It is still rattling over bumps on road . I will let you know what comes next.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts