RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend has a 2014 Sport 5.0 supercharged model. Said wife was driving, oil light may have come on and now dealer says it needs a new engine. Does this vehicle go into a failsafe mode at al, or is it just click click boom?
It doesn't even try and start now after going to dealer. He thinks dealer is trying to "take advantage" of them!

Thanks

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Why is your friend not posting here? It's free to sign up and you aren't going to have the answers needed.

There is no fail safe mode. Oil light "may" have come on? If his wife was the one driving she needs to decide if the oil light came on or not. If it came on she most likely had a catastrophic failure. Did the oil pump fail? Did a cooling line fail and blew the oil all over the road? Did they even check to see if there was any oil in the engine? If the oil is gone she seized the engine. The dealer is most likely giving them the painful facts. It is doubtful they are taking advantage of them.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
I feel like you did 20k mile oil changes in city driving.. goodbye all of the oil.

oh well, decide if you want to install a new engine. I would, have for my 11'.

I also feel like the owners are not technically knowledgeable? Would explain not posting on the forum and not knowing better for the engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts