RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Discovered a very small coolant puddle under my front left side. Checked the coolant tank. Found the leak was where a small hose plugs into the top of the tank. Starts to drip after I park. I have to check closer to see if the neck cracked or maybe the small o ring failed. Doesn’t seem to be a big deal. Anyone know if this is some sort of common issue?
Thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discovered a very small coolant puddle under my front left side. Checked the coolant tank. Found the leak was where a small hose plugs into the top of the tank. Starts to drip after I park. I have to check closer to see if the neck cracked or maybe the small o ring failed. Doesn’t seem to be a big deal. Anyone know if this is some sort of common issue?
Thank you
View attachment 283466
How many miles do you have? Pretty common as hoses and plastics start to get old... Depending on mileage, I would replaced expansion tank, that hose, drain and refill coolant and the expansion tank cap. It would be a cheap but worthwhile repair as I know the L322 older expansion tanks failed often! I have a 14 SCV8 and will replace the wate pump, hoses, expansion tank, and coolant at 100K for sure. Also the belts.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
512 Posts
I just had this replaced last week. 55K on an L405. It was just beginning to leak.

·
Registered
537 Posts
A stick of JB Weld might cure it if you want to macguyver it to see if it works? Or go on ebay and find one cheap and replace it yourself? I jb welded the egr fuel valve that broke and its worked for 6 months

1 - 5 of 5 Posts