RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all,

I'm looking to purchase a used 2014-2015 RRS and thought I'd come here to get some questions answered and maybe elicit some advice.

I know there are the V6 vs V8 options to consider but after that I'm a bit of a NOOB. I'm honestly not feeling super strongly about getting the V8 but open to conversation. I'm coming from a prius so the V6 will be a huge change in performance regardless.

Do all 2014-2015 RRSs have cooled seats? This may seem like an extraneous feature but I live in very hot Austin TX and can sweat my clothes out quickly. I'm not sure I can ever purchase a car without them again. When searching online I cannot tell which ones have it and which don't so I'm assuming all have them?

It seems as though some have more clearance than others. Is that a suspension feature that comes with all models, where you have adjustable clearance and suspension settings?

If there is any other consideration or advice anyone can lend to aid in my search I'd be grateful.

I'm sure more questions will follow so thank you in advance.

B

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hey Y'all,

I'm looking to purchase a used 2014-2015 RRS and thought I'd come here to get some questions answered and maybe elicit some advice.

I know there are the V6 vs V8 options to consider but after that I'm a bit of a NOOB. I'm honestly not feeling super strongly about getting the V8 but open to conversation. I'm coming from a prius so the V6 will be a huge change in performance regardless.

Do all 2014-2015 RRSs have cooled seats? This may seem like an extraneous feature but I live in very hot Austin TX and can sweat my clothes out quickly. I'm not sure I can ever purchase a car without them again. When searching online I cannot tell which ones have it and which don't so I'm assuming all have them?

It seems as though some have more clearance than others. Is that a suspension feature that comes with all models, where you have adjustable clearance and suspension settings?

If there is any other consideration or advice anyone can lend to aid in my search I'd be grateful.

I'm sure more questions will follow so thank you in advance.

B
Cooled seats are essential for not sweating through and thus wrinkling a tucked-in dress shirt on your commute!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Unless something's wrong with the air suspension, all the vehicles should have the same levels - access, regular, off-road. Prior to 2016 there was not an auto access height upon parking, so when vehicles are parked they may be at regular level (more gap between wheel and body) or at access level (minimal gap). There's a noticeable difference between the two which is probably what you are noticing.

Cooled seats only came on vehicles that got the vision and convenience package I believe it was called. If the vehicle has blind spot monitoring and dual sunshades it'll have cooled seating.

You should register for free at Topix (google land rover topix) and use the VIN look-up to see exactly what the vehicle has (It will list what is optioned and at the bottom say "less ____" which means the vehicle doesn't have it.) Don't trust dealer websites.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
I used to have a 2014 SCV8 Dynamic. I still have the Monroney sticker: cooled front and rear seats were part of the Luxury Climate Comfort and Visibility Pack, at least on this config. Note that options could change trim by trim, and definitely year by year. Even for the same V8 Dynamic, packages of one year may be very different from the next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you @Hodog16 and @totya. Those are very helpful replies. I’ve been pursuing this site for several hours and seems like quite a few little issues come up with these and it has me a bit more gun shy than I was. I also understand that most people come here with issues and not to tell everyone how problem-free their RRS is. I’m going to keep trying to educate myself and hunt the perfect one.

·
Registered
113 Posts
V8, always.

I've had my MY14 for a year ± now (second owner), and very few issues - leaking rear diff, sunroof rattle, and inaccurate fuel level readout.

All minor, and fixed quickly under service plan.

One thing to note is that these vehicles chow brakes, so factor that in for maintenance costs.

Other than that, check the FSH with LR, and enjoy!

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
I’ve been pursuing this site for several hours and seems like quite a few little issues come up with these and it has me a bit more gun shy than I was.
The model years you're looking at ('14/15) produced perhaps the most reliable Range Rover Sports, ever. Those were the last pre-connected car years, and therefore, they had way less visible electronics to break, compared to later years. Those visible gizmos give this brand a bad name.
Other than those, the L494 is an unstoppable tank.
I had the '14 for over 60k miles and that car only needed brakes and oil changes.
You will read about very few real issues from those model years here.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Agree my 2016 has been great through 65k miles. I didn’t get a lot of the electronic options so less stuff to break. The V8 engine is wonderful and has a great track record. I drove both engines before ordering and the V8 transforms the vehicle in my opinion.

Only main issue I think is the design of the shifter. If a small piece breaks it’s not functional. Search for the thread here. It’s interesting to see the new Defender has the same shifter. Hope they fixed the design.

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts
Only main issue I think is the design of the shifter. If a small piece breaks it’s not functional. Search for the thread here. It’s interesting to see the new Defender has the same shifter. Hope they fixed the design.
I think it's actually a somewhat different, sturdier thing that they started putting in the 494 from I think MY19 on.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've had a 2014 HSE V6 for 2+ years, and can't recommend it highly enough. I came from sports cars, and the V6 is enough grunt to get you by ;-) It also doesn't eat brakes like the V8 - I got about 40k out of mine. Cooled seats are factory options only AFAIK (I have them and love them!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went and test drove a few yesterday. Initially I set out for a minimal 2014 but somehow found my way into the Dynamic 2016s. Hmm. I do dig the sound and drive of the V8. I'm going to keep thinking on it but they were all very fun to drive.

Do most people spend time driving with the car lowered down? I like the look better of it when its elevated. What are the thoughts on that? Is it more of an aesthetics thing? Better aero and gas usage if its lower I guess? Do they adjust their clearance automagically depending on the drive setting?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Once you go 15 mph I believe the car automatically moves from access to regular. For off road you can drive under 30 mph I think before the car brings you back to regular. Bottom line you can drive in any height at slow speeds but the car makes you move to regular if you go fast enough.

And Dynamic V8 is the correct answer :).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Hodog16
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing