RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermittent suspension fault coming up on dash. No faults are being logged. The truck is slow to raise but will power up and down via GAP test mode without triggering fault. I am assuming the compressor is on its way to pasture. There is very little info on forums about the compressors on the 12-13 sports and wanted to compile anyone who has had one of these fails what were the symptoms and mileage?

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Other than a couple of warranty replacements I don't think I've ever heard of anyone having an AMK actually fail yet. Their dependability and efficiency is why the older Hitachi systems are upgraded. Heck, you are at the end of the design run. Any bugs in the AMK systems should have surfaced by now. Any chance of having wear in one of your strut bladders/leak?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's no overnight bleed down, haven the been able to leave it sit for more than 14 hours but it sits level and auto levels when necessary just slow to change heights. It's weird, it's just a plain suspension fault. No "normal ride height only" or any other message. I am at 70k miles so a strut could be possible, it's just not showing signs of a leak just a slow rise. If it was a leak and overworking compressor it should throw an overheat code correct?

Also prior to getting the random intermittent suspension fault message when pullin away in access mode from my daughters achool I would get a "vehicle raising in progress" after it should have already been at ride height

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
If you had a leak big enough to work the compressor to overheat there should be an error. However a small leak, especially at highway height, will leak then seal with bag flex. When you park you are back up at normal height, leak sealed so no settling. If you had an L322 I would suggest clearing out the back and leaving your spare tyre out so you could hear the compressor working. Maybe run a temp light on the energized side of the compressor so you have a visual of when it's running.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to add the suspension fault message will pop up when pulling out of garage after start up or will suddenly pop on when sitting at a stop light after driving for 30 minutes. Sometimes will do it 2-3 times in a day, or will got 3 days without coming on. Did a 4.5 hour road trip Friday and then again on Sunday never had a message pop. Then Tuesday it came on pulling out of garage. I haven't seen a pattern of when and why it's coming on yet. Truck is always sitting level. Just slow to raise from access or to off road.

I did notice when playing with valve test in gap the rear did raise much better than the front and the compressor didn't have a different load noise on any corner or when doing front rear or all

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. Pulled code C1A18-64 pressure increased rapidly when filling reservoir.

There's little to no info on the webs for this code. Found on the lr3 U.K. Site it may be a valve/tank problem. I did notice when doing valve test raising vehicle this morning that the truck drops a little then slowly rises when activating. I am thinking my air tank isn't filling and I am running off straight compressor to fill bags which would explain the slow rise

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update. Pulled code C1A18-64 pressure increased rapidly when filling reservoir.

There's little to no info on the webs for this code. Found on the lr3 U.K. Site it may be a valve/tank problem. I did notice when doing valve test raising vehicle this morning that the truck drops a little then slowly rises when activating. I am thinking my air tank isn't filling and I am running off straight compressor to fill bags which would explain the slow rise
I’m having this exact problem right now on my 13 sport. Were you able to come up with a solution for your issue? Thanks in advance for any feedbac!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts