RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Car is new to me but have had 3 other rovers 99, 07, 08..2 of which had power folding mirrors. When I got the 13 I took it to the dealer to have it set so the mirrors don't fold in each time it's locked. Now the mirrors won't fold in at all. Dealer says if the don't fold in when locked you can't fold them in manually. Seems BS to me. Input appreciated. TIA.

·
Premium Member
2013 & 2016 L405's
913 Posts
I happen to like the automatic power fold when locked feature. All of my previous Range Rovers had this feature activated as well so I'm not sure about the manual power folding option. Is there a reason why you don't want them to fold when the vehicle is locked? Hopefully someone on here has had some experience with this feature and can answer your question.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Press and hold both mirror adjustment buttons and mirrors will fold. At least it does it on my 2016.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Holding both buttons resulted in the mirrors folding before I had the stealer program the mirrors to not automatically fold on locking. Now the mirrors won't fold when both buttons are pushed. Don't want the mirrors to fold on locking because I occasionally have to leave the car outside overnight and when it snows/gets real cold the mirrors seem to have a hard time opening. Easier just to have them not fold.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Why did you go to the dealer to change it ? The way to change it from fold to no fold is just go to settings and check/uncheck the box. Couldn't you do it yourself ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting discovery: Talked with LR trained technician today. He said the folding mirrors on MY 13 & on are 'all or nothing.' If they are set to fold when locked they can be also be folded by holding the buttons down. But, if the mirrors are set to not fold on locking, they will not fold when the two buttons are held down. Go figure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Menu doesn't allow it to be changed. Owner's manual specifies it's something that has to be done by the stealer.

I don't think this part is right ? Pretty sure I have it in my menu but I'll look again.

* just noticed this is in the 405 forum but seems weird it would be different.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Interesting discovery: Talked with LR trained technician today. He said the folding mirrors on MY 13 & on are 'all or nothing.' If they are set to fold when locked they can be also be folded by holding the buttons down. But, if the mirrors are set to not fold on locking, they will not fold when the two buttons are held down. Go figure.
Oh...sounds like genius British engineering :) lol

·
Registered
604 Posts
I disagree with the above comments. My 2013 the mirrors didn’t fold until I got the gap iid tool. But there was a piece of black plastic that popped out when the mirrors started folding when I armed the truck. I think all US spec trucks mirrors fold. I would try a different dealer ...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did the GAP tool have the option to set the mirrors? Been thinking about getting one so I don't have to work with the local stealer (the same company owns both LR dealerships and the service is crappy at both locations).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts