RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I searched through the forum and I'm not finiding my exact issue. Most previous issues that I've seen are that the complete screen goes blank, but in my case everything is fully functioning with the exception of the map itself?! I've tried zooming in and out and again, all function seems to be working except there is no navigation map shown. Here's a picture. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
poor connection to the display? failed display? what have your thus far? how can you tell all functions are working if if the screen is blank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if you reviewed the picture or not, but you can see that on the touch screen still shows many options for me to push/enter. I can enter an address, go to the nav menu, return to the previous screen, change view, etc. The touchscreen function is completely intact. No issues with the display in all other modes, radio, phone, home, etc so no connection issues and no failed display.

Again, only the map is blank/black. All other function remains.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
Since your screen is working maybe it's the nav dvd player. My 09 has the DVD player under the (left) driver's seat used for the navigation system. Maybe a plug got dislodged from the back, or maybe the dvd got accidentally ejected. You can see the plugs looking under from the back seat. To see the front of the DVD player you have to pop off the black plastic panel under the seat. There are 4 clips and mine took a good tug to get it off. There is a lock/unlock slider on the front of the DVD player and an eject button. This is not for the entertainment system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the note, Frostbite. I'll check under the seat this weekend and see if that's the issue.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
14 Posts
No problem. Since mine is working I tried to reproduce your issue by removing my DVD and unplugging the various plugs. I didn't get the same results as yours, but I have an 09 so the results may be different. Here are a few pics of what I did and the resulting display.
1.jpg
2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg 13.jpg

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
128 Posts
on 2010-2013 I believe the map graphics come from the navigation unit to the head as a digital video (MIPI) signal. It seems this signal is missing.
I would first check the nav unit and back of the head unit for loose/dirty connectors.
Did anyone work on the truck recently and may have damaged the wiring carrying the MIPI signal?
If not my next guess would be that your nav unit might not actually be sending the MIPI signal anymore, suggesting a faulty nav unit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Right on. You may want to check for a blown fuse also, since no power to the dvd unit gives that message.

On another note, I have been to Cadiz. I went to Jerez a few years ago to watch the MotoGP and took a day and wandered around Cadiz, and walked out to the old castle looking fort that sits out on the point, and reveals channels cut into the coral when the tide goes out. A very beautiful place!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, no DVD player under the seat. I checked online and the update for the newer maps is on a usb so that tells me there isn’t one. Does anyone know where the Nav system is located in the 2013? Is there somewhere else I can check for loose connections? I plan on checking the fuse for the nav...once I figure out where and which one.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I looked through the owner's manual and couldn't find a fuse specific to the Nav. Still no idea where the Nav unit is located to check for connection issues. I'm stuck... How hard is pulling the the head unit to check connections?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts