RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone has been successful in installing a remote start on their 2010 and up RRS. I live in Chicago area and this would really be an excellent addition to my RRS. I have read past posts and nothing really stands out to me on a 2010 and newer. I also have a 2012 Evoque that i would like to get done also. Thanks,

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I was told by the dealer remote starts void a lot of warranty items.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
51 Posts
I use viper smart start on my other vehicles and tried to get it on my 2012 rrs. I have asked several high end shops and none of them are able to do it based on modules not manufactured for this vehicle. Because of the wonky electrics with this vehicle it seems no one is willing to touch it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is what I was assuming aslo. I will be very hesitant to allow someone to mess with the electronics without seing the end product in person first. I wish Land Rover installed this from the factory.

·
Registered
458 Posts
That is what I was assuming aslo. I will be very hesitant to allow someone to mess with the electronics without seing the end product in person first. I wish Land Rover installed this from the factory.
The fact that we don't have this at least as a factory-offered option is a joke. Do you think they said, "Since most other regular SUVs have it, ours is prestigious. We don't want to do what others do. Don't put on remote start. That wouldn't be desirable."

I would like to get my wife a 2013 Full Size. The more and more we're talking about it, we're almost thinking it's not worth it. It can go off-road though. (Wow.) I am noticing the rest of the auto world is passing us by. Not cool. Especially not for this price. Infotainment. Ha! Infotainment. It makes me laugh. Ours is probably the worst on the market.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked out the website and it looks pretty good. Were did you get it installed and what was your total cost?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
51 Posts
I just got a quote from my guy in Delaware. $1400 installed -- +$300 if you want the iphone app -- + Cost of a new key if you want to keep two keys (they need to use a slave key that will always be in the car) ($500 for a programmed key)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello i have seen some Land Rovers with Remote Starter from Viper & Compustar, I know www.autoingenuity.net/ use to make this kits and they were like plug and play, however he passed away unfortunately and it seems the company just discontinued. so my question is does any Car Alarms Installer knows how to do it? Can any one provide me with what exactly the installation goes, and what do i need for the installation? i know theres some places that charge around $1,350+ for this kit. any help will be appreciated.

Thank You.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts