RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help battery keeps dying. Charged it 2x already. This is my first RR. Checked battery with volt meter. Everything looks grate, just keeps dying. Battery last bout 12 hrs. It's driving me crazy. Please help

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2013 RS, 2017 FFRR
4,482 Posts
Might still be under warranty...have the dealer test it. If not, plenty of after market options available...quiet a few threads on battery choices.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
491 Posts
Get auto parts store to check the battery can hold charge. If battery is ok you have drain somewhere - you can get a tester to connect to your multimeter and pull each fuse in your fuse box to measure current on each circuit (perferably with door closed and car locked so the electronics are shut down) - if you can drain battery in 12 hours - it should be easily to see 2amps plus drain on one of the circuits. If it is accessory circuit that is causing the drain you could remove fuse until you get that taken care off (good auto electrician should also be able to do this for you).

I had similar problem in a porsche - turned out tobe bad alternator diodes - alternator would be warm to touch after leaving car off overnight. Alternator rebuild fixes that. Hopefully you don't have to go that far ....

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
The battery is already shot if it's been drained more than a few times. It simply is not worth messing with if under warranty and not worth messing with in the scheme of being stranded somewhere.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
The warranty gods favor you. Take it to the dealership and let them fix it for free

1 - 6 of 6 Posts