RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2013 RRS Supercharged (left hand drive as in Dubai) with SatNav. Despite upgrading the satnav maps, google maps work much better for Dubai on my Samsung S6 Edge phone.

The issue i have is if i place the phone in the air vent to the right of the steering wheel (using a standard vent phone holder) which is much easier to view when driving, the GPS refuses to gain a satellite signal or drifts in and out to the point it is impossible to use. However if i move the phone to the right side of the navigation screen (30/40cm) it works perfectly, which means there must be some kind of interference from that area of the dashboard. I have tried three of four phones and they all do the same. Note, I have no issues with the inbuilt navigation system and no aftermarket items installed anywhere which may be causing this.

I have attached a picture to make it easier to understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated !! If you click on my gallery the picture is much larger and easier to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
226 Posts
I tried that today. Put my Blackberry Passport in front of the left and the right vent as per your picture. The GPS work totally fine in both positions.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
strange, maybe the passport has a better GPS tracker, do you use a case that may be blocking any signals ?

I got the different phone holder which projects the phone about 3 inches away from the vent and its a little better. I had the phone checked at Samsung and they noticed some issues and actually changed the motherboard but while its a little better, and I do get a signal, its not 100% accurate.. i.e. there is a small blue circle around the arrow in google maps which means its accurate to within 12 meters but not exact.

spoke to the dealer and he mentioned that there is a sender units on the driver side area for keyless entry/start which may be a possible reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts