RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When I had my 2003 Discovery, I replaced the brakes with ceramic brake pads, don't remember the name right now. All brake dust went away. Has anyone with a 2013 RRS replaced their brakes with ceramic pads. The amount of brake dust that reaches the quarter panels is incredible. Has anyone had any issues after going with ceramic pads?

Thanks,

Gerry

·
Registered
16 Posts
I did the same thing with the '99 Disco II I once owned and would like to do the same with my RRS. IIRC I had to pony up for new rotors at the same time which ended up being somewhat pricey at the time but nothing like the $1000 +/- my local independent shop quoted me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine's an '06, not a 2013, but I swapped to Akebono ceramic pads. RockAuto had them for a ridiculously low price at the time. No more brake dust, but I do notice that there's the slightest squeak in the mornings until the pads get some heat in them. Also be prepared to swap rotors more often.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I tried a few sets for a couple thousand miles each before redoing my brakes with factory parts. The ceramics to me felt soft, they lacked the bite of factory pads/rotors

·
Registered
357 Posts
Yep - ceramic does not bite as well code , but performs better hot , and less dust. But I put powerstop pads on the rear and do get a sqweek when cold. Went with ebc on front - does not solve dust problem - but great pad (on new pagid high carbon rotors).

Akebono on my bmw also solved dust problem - but less bite than stock pad cold - a less than powerstop - but also no sqweek issue with those. Just be sure to lube the caliper slide pins with silglyde or similar and apply the thermal grease lightly in other areas where there is metal to metal contact ...

·
Registered
480 Posts
I replaced mine with TRW TPC1479 fronts, and TPC 1099 rear. Easy fit, complete kit, no dust. Amazon had best price. Need to buy the front and rear sensor as well.

Used Wagner ceramics on the 08 -- no dust.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought these for my 08 RRSSC and they've been great

Power Stop Z23 Evolution Sport Brake Pads:

• Carbon Fiber and Ceramic Compound
  • High temperature threshold to resist fade during extreme driving
  • Quiet, low-dust ceramic formula
  • Shims made with dual rubber layers over constrained steel to eliminate noise
  • Premium stainless steel hardware kit included where applicable
  • High temperature ceramic lubricant included with every pad set

1 - 7 of 7 Posts