Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2013 RR sport HSE won't start, check engine & transmission fault messages

my closest RR dealer is 85 miles away. yesterday my car wouldn't start...no warning ahead of time...seemed to be battery although couldn't imagine why it would be dead. had it jumped, drove it all of yesterday & it ran fine. this morning it started right up.....i drove to a friends house & when ready to leave car wouldn't start. had it jumped again...now realize this wasn't a fluke...once running again the warning light check engine came on & message of transmission fault too.

local mechanic may be able to help me tomorrow but anyone else had this sudden onset problem? and if i jump it again, can i drive it with those warning lights on? will i damage it further by trying to drive it 85 miles to RR dealer?

this is my only vehicle & needs to run!! l was always a Lexus gal, but then fell in love last summer with the RR Sport....but now not so happy. wondering if this vehicle is too high tech for me. it has 28,000 miles. thanks to you all in advance!!!

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
224 Posts
Re: 2013 RR sport HSE won't start, check engine & transmission fault messages

Sounds like it needs a new battery to me. That's not too high tech of a problem.

If it is a bad battery, it's hard on the alternator to continue jumping and driving it because it has to work so hard to try to charge the battery. If you're under warranty, take it to dealer, if not, go to an AutoZone and get a Duralast Gold battery for about $150. They are great batteries, and they will install it for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

thank you for your reply! so the battery could be bad from just 26,000 miles? do these cars wear batteries down faster than most? and i never got the low battery message yes. certainly worth a try! thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

Its not the mileage necessarily. If the RRS sits frequently, there is a fairly high demand on the battery to maintain all this vehicles electrical functions. You can have the battery load tested by a reputable shop...not sure if its the original battery, but if its on its way out you may get a new one prorated.

·
Banned
224 Posts

Don't be hating on the Rover for a dead battery after a few years. Batteries are expected to last 2 to 4 years depending on how you treat them and the climate. If they last longer, great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts