Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Im a long time RR owner with 3 past L322 and now a L405 for some time, we love them all.

I have not posted on this board much as we have really not had many issues at all, but I know you all have a ton of useful knowledge and I'm looking for some help with our 2013 RR L405 Autobiography with about 75K miles now

The 1st issue we noticed and then within a week or so was .....
  • 1st the RR would not lock right, we would try and lock it and we would get the beep, beep sound and the mirrors would not fold in. This issue would happen on and off
  • Next we would get odd warning messages and then the center information screen would go dead, and the A/C would turn off. This issue would happen on and off
  • Next the RR would not want to read the key or start up. This issue would happen on and off

So I replaced the main battery, its good I did as it still had the original main battery from 11/2013, all was good for a few days.

Then last night it did all 3 of the above items again, we had to jump it to get it to start. On the drive home we got odd warning messages and then the center information screen would go dead, and the A/C would turn off. Then everything would come back on and then it would go off again.

Anyone have any thoughts on all of this ??

Thank for your help !!!

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover 5.0SC
28 Posts
Did you program the new battery to show replacement?

Seems like it may require a general software update.

Sometimes my mirrors don’t fold in, but it still beeps and locks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you program the new battery to show replacement?

Seems like it may require a general software update.

Sometimes my mirrors don’t fold in, but it still beeps and locks.
From everything I have read, you do not need to program the new battery to show replacement, but maybe I'm wrong ??

Yea, I have read that a software update has helped with some issues, like the center information screen black out, I don't think this is just that issue, but a software update may help ?

·
Registered
829 Posts
https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/ get the BTiid tool. Pay for all Ecu updates maybe you’ll spend 500-1k total. Ask Patrick Meileur for a bulk discount. Or go to the dealership and pay the same amount and not get the tool to work on your car.

Yes you need to program your new battery so the car recognizes it. Ask Patrick if the gap tool can do that. Or find an Indy you trust.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As an update, I called IE Rovers .... Log In or Sign Up to View ..... https://www.yelp.com/biz/ie-rovers-lake-elsinore ... late yesterday, they said bring it in 1st thing in the AM and we will have a look for you.

They are very busy but fit me in right away, they cleared all of the codes and registered the battery, all looks to be fine now.

These guys are great and I highly recommend them !!!!

It looks like the new battery does need to be registered for all to work right.

Thx guys !

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Yes, battery needs registered. Just ask them to clear battery adaptations, there’s two adaptations profiles on my scan tool. Should save you a few $$ not having to pay for diagnostic.

Edit..I’m thick skulled and didn’t read that you had already taken it in, glad it’s doing fine now!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, battery needs registered. Just ask them to clear battery adaptations, there’s two adaptations profiles on my scan tool. Should save you a few $$ not having to pay for diagnostic.

Edit..I’m thick skulled and didn’t read that you had already taken it in, glad it’s doing fine now!
IE Rovers did not charge me for the diagnostic, clearing all of the codes or to register the battery, none of it took them much time and they are a great shop !

They got a nice tip from me

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this issue is BACK AGAIN, I took it back to the INDY IE Rovers , they ran a diagnostic again looking at all of the codes. They said that most all of the issues are on the medium speed can bus, Im not sure what all that means, but they said most INDY's would not be able to ezaly chase this issue down and suggested I take it to a good dealer.

This may not be an ez one to solve ???

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
318 Posts
Have you verified the alternator is charging and delivering 13.9+ volts?

Thought process: the new battery addressed the issue - when voltage dropped again, the 'gremlins' returned.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Have you verified the alternator is charging and delivering 13.9+ volts?

Thought process: the new battery addressed the issue - when voltage dropped again, the 'gremlins' returned.
No I have not, now Im wishing the INDY IE Rover would have check the alternator was working right.

I had thought that it may be the alternator, as 1 night it would not start, like it was dead, the headlights where even barely working. We have to jump it to start it, dove it home for about 15 mins,.

Then the next day and it started right up, dove it 30 mins to the INDY and it had no issues at all.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Dude. We already told you. But ok keep taking it in versus learning and fixing it yourself! Dealers are going to LOVE YOU LONG TIME SOLDIER!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude. We already told you. But ok keep taking it in versus learning and fixing it yourself! Dealers are going to LOVE YOU LONG TIME SOLDIER!
Hey Mark, thx for your input, I have read a lot of your posts in the past, I enjoy them as you are always on point !

https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/products/iidtool/ get the BTiid tool. Pay for all Ecu updates maybe you’ll spend 500-1k total. Ask Patrick Meileur for a bulk discount. Or go to the dealership and pay the same amount and not get the tool to work on your car.

Yes you need to program your new battery so the car recognizes it. Ask Patrick if the gap tool can do that. Or find an Indy you trust.
In your post above you recommended the Gap tool, that's sound advice for sure.

I guess I hesitate in this case as a respected INDY looked at it twice and said they don't feel they can chase down this issue with their tools as a full set of Dealer software and lots of experience with this type of issue would be needed.

Of course the Indy could be wrong but, I just don't have the experience to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts